Register or log in to remove this ad.

Maybe I'm just a war movie buff...

lumm0x

Rookie
As I seem to migrate to them and some are my favorite movies.

Watched Blackhawk Down again yesterday. Love that movie. Wonderfully done.

Still want to see the 2 Eastwood offerings in Flags of Our Fathers and Letters to Iwo Jima. Any opinions on those?

Zo

Bench Warmer
I also love war movies. I have both black hawk down and flags of our fathers. I also am HUGE Eastwood fan. Got most of his westerns too. I have to pick up letters from iwo soon....

oregonweim

Bench Warmer
I have seen Flags and to be honest was a little dissapointed, but that could be because of the truth behind the matter, don't know. It is worth watching, but don't think it is as much about taking the island. As for Letters, have not seen it yet but am looking forward to renting it next time my wife leaves :D

wdkantro2

Bench Warmer
I saw flags and enjoyed it immensely. Just be aware that it is less about the actual war action than you would think. I look forward to seeing Letters.:salut:

Zo

Bench Warmer
ive never seen any of these movies.

i dont watch war movies.

i saw pearl harbor and that was it. it sucked.

I like Schindler's List except for the whole "saving people" part

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

metallikat87

Bench Warmer
ive never seen any of these movies.

i dont watch war movies.

i saw pearl harbor and that was it. it sucked.

I like Schindler's List except for the whole "saving people" part
pearl harbor was probably the biggest movie that micheal bay ruined(until transformers comes out)

i have heard that flags was just a chick flick disguised as a war movie so beware

A7X

Bench Warmer
I'm a huge war movie fan.I thought Flags of our Fathers was a great movie.I still need to see Letters from Iwo Jima.

GiantFan

Rookie
Flags was good but not great. It was hard because I read the book and had so much more than the movie did so I was dissapointed.

Want to see the other one though.

R

rb45070

I think my favorite war "movie" of all time is the HBO series Band Of Brothers. It is simply amazing. I enjoyed flags, have not seen letters.

P

pitnlala

I think my favorite war "movie" of all time is the HBO series Band Of Brothers. It is simply amazing. I enjoyed flags, have not seen letters.

Agreed. Skip "Flags.." and "Letters.." and rent Band of Brothers. This was the show that made me first add HBO about 6 years ago. Then I got hooked on the rest of the HBO Shows: Oz, Sorpanos, The Wire, Curb..., etc. Band of Brothers is basically Private Ryan (just 5 times as long when you add all the episodes).

Also, for anyone looking for a decent ar flick that almost nobody has heard of, check out "Tigerland". It was one of Collin Farrel's first flicks and it is really good. I got it at Target for $5 and was very pleasently surprised.

Chadjacksonfan

Bench Warmer
Flags was terrible .... Iwo is a great movie that really gives you a different perspective

2 1/2 stars on flags

4 stars on Iwo

5 stars on saving private ryan:cheers: