Looking for these vintage cards

thedaws

Rookie
Transactions: 10
I'm looking to trade for these:
1. 1968 Topps Detroit Tigers
2. World Series cards from the 1960, 1964, 1968, 1969, & 1970 Topps sets
3. 1971 Topps #594 Cardinal rookies (w/Hrabosky)
4. Roberto Clemente cards (vintage or new)
5. 1965 Topps #232 Blass
6. 1961 Topps high numbers
7. 1967 Topps #605 Shannon
8. 1969 Topps #286 Ellis
9. 1965 Topps #134 WS Game 3 (Mantle's Clutch HR)
10. Vintage Pirates

Last edited:
Hi, I have
1968 Topps #201 Mike Marshall
1970 Topps 305, 308, 309
and could come up with some vintage Pirates in various years if you'd like

IMG_20230509_1301278.jpg

I am building 1961 and 1955 if you have any of those for trade or would also trade these for anything in my insert set needs (link in sig) or cards of David Ortiz, Mookie Betts, Rafael Devers.

Thanks

Hi, I have
1968 Topps #201 Mike Marshall
1970 Topps 305, 308, 309
and could come up with some vintage Pirates in various years if you'd like

View attachment 11916

I am building 1961 and 1955 if you have any of those for trade or would also trade these for anything in my insert set needs (link in sig) or cards of David Ortiz, Mookie Betts, Rafael Devers.

Thanks
Hi Larry,
Thanks for your reply. I do not need the Marshall card, but the three World Series cards are a definite want. Vintage Pirates would be great too. The only Mookie Betts card I have to offer you is his 2017 Topps Heritage All-Star. I have lots of 1961 Topps though, so I should be able to help you with that set. Send me your want list, and I'll get to work! Here's an email address that's easier to use than these threads (IMO): [email protected]

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Larry,
Thanks for your reply. I do not need the Marshall card, but the three World Series cards are a definite want. Vintage Pirates would be great too. The only Mookie Betts card I have to offer you is his 2017 Topps Heritage All-Star. I have lots of 1961 Topps though, so I should be able to help you with that set. Send me your want list, and I'll get to work! Here's an email address that's easier to use than these threads (IMO): [email protected]

Thanks,
Mark
Hi Mark,

Happy to try to get the 3 1970 WS cards to you.

Here is my 61 want list - mostly tough stars and high numbers, but a few commons still in there:
2, 35, 141, 200, 211, 290, 300, 306, 310, 311, 312, 330, 338, 344, 348, 370, 371, 388, 401, 405, 406, 408, 415, 417, 425, 428, 429, 430, 436, 443, 464, 475, 478, 482, 484, 485, 486, 487, 515, 517, 523, 524, 527, 528, 529, 531, 532, 534, 545, 549, 553, 555, 556, 558, 561, 562, 563, 567-572, 574-584, 586, 587, 588

If no matches there, how about any vintage HR leader cards?

I'd prefer to keep the discussion on the thread or through Conversation (PM) if you'd like. These threads are helpful for other traders to see what's in progress and encourages more traders to respond. I hope you find them useful for trading. I'm patient so no worries if it takes time for you to get back to me.

Larry

Sorry to leave you hanging, Larry. Suddenly things got busy. I don't think I mentioned I use the Beckett Vintage Collector price guide to value cards, but if you subscribe to the online service, that would be even better. My guide has the World Series cards at $4 each in NM. Would you call these EX ($2 each)? I wrote to one of my Tigers guys about the Marshall. It's not listed in my guide, and I don't know if he'll remember him as a Tiger. I think this is the same guy who was with Seattle the following year and later set a record for appearances while with the Dodgers. I'll let you know if he wants it. I am away from home right now, but expect to be back late tonight. I hope to have some time tomorrow to find cards to trade to you. Thank you for your patience. ---Mark

Sorry to leave you hanging, Larry. Suddenly things got busy. I don't think I mentioned I use the Beckett Vintage Collector price guide to value cards, but if you subscribe to the online service, that would be even better. My guide has the World Series cards at $4 each in NM. Would you call these EX ($2 each)? I wrote to one of my Tigers guys about the Marshall. It's not listed in my guide, and I don't know if he'll remember him as a Tiger. I think this is the same guy who was with Seattle the following year and later set a record for appearances while with the Dodgers. I'll let you know if he wants it. I am away from home right now, but expect to be back late tonight. I hope to have some time tomorrow to find cards to trade to you. Thank you for your patience. ---Mark
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply and no worries about the delay. Trading vintage is always a patient game. That is the Mike Marshall who had a decent career with LA, this is his RC and books at $4 NM. I am fine valuing all these at $2 each for trading in return for something vintage applying same criteria, would be a little more discerning trading them for modern which I would do for a card I am interested in.

I will wait to hear from you again in next few days. Enjoy the day!

Larry

Hi Larry,
I found this 1961 #515 Brandt which is really nice, but there is something on the back. It's not ink, but it doesn't seem to have any thickness to it. I'll pull out the magnifying glass and see if I can learn more. Also found the 1976 Topps #193 NL HR leaders. I have attached scans for your review.
---Mark

Attachments

• Larry 1.jpg
    Larry 1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Larry 2.jpg
    Larry 2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 4
Hi Larry,
I found this 1961 #515 Brandt which is really nice, but there is something on the back. It's not ink, but it doesn't seem to have any thickness to it. I'll pull out the magnifying glass and see if I can learn more. Also found the 1976 Topps #193 NL HR leaders. I have attached scans for your review.
---Mark
I'd like the Brandt, no need to inspect further. I'll pass on the '76 #193. For the 3 '70 WS cards, I would take any similarly conditioned 1961 card to go along with the Brandt, OK if it is a card I already have.

How about this one of the ever-popular #158 Pete Daley? The back is clean and centered.

Attachments

• Larry 3.jpg
    Larry 3.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 2
Yes, please. It's hard feeling like a rookie when I've been doing mail trades since 1987, but yes, thanks for taking the lead on this deal, Larry. So another rookie question - is your address somewhere on the web site or do you send that to me?

I will post the trade in the Transactions section. You will receive a notification when I do this. Then, you press "confirm" in the Transaction. When you do that, both of our addresses will appear. When you send the cards, "mark sent" in the Transactions. When I receive the cards from you, I mark "Complete" and when you receive the cards from me, you mark "Complete" and the transaction will then be final.

If you have any questions or not sure what to do, just ask. I am happy to help and I appreciate this trade. Thanks!

Yes, please. It's hard feeling like a rookie when I've been doing mail trades since 1987, but yes, thanks for taking the lead on this deal, Larry. So another rookie question - is your address somewhere on the web site or do you send that to me?
Actually, I could not post the trade because you have not entered your address in your account.

To do so, click on your account (your screen name on top menu bar, to the left of the envelope on the black bar). The click "Account Details". Then scroll down to enter your address and save.

I will post the trade in the Transactions section. You will receive a notification when I do this. Then, you press "confirm" in the Transaction. When you do that, both of our addresses will appear. When you send the cards, "mark sent" in the Transactions. When I receive the cards from you, I mark "Complete" and when you receive the cards from me, you mark "Complete" and the transaction will then be final.

If you have any questions or not sure what to do, just ask. I am happy to help and I appreciate this trade. Thanks!

Back