Listing Stuff For My Son

vandychris

Bench Warmer
My son is 6 years old, and has just become addicted to cards thanks to his good ol' dad:) :) We went to Target yesterday and he bought some stuff with his allowance money, and wants to see if he can make some trades.
Here's what he has. He really likes Vince Young and the Titans, also A.J Hawk.

2004 Leaf Certified Materials FOTG Joey Harrington jsy /102 [die-cut 02 debut year] (this is his only GU card - needs a GU card in exchange) - TRADED

2007 Topps
Running Back Royalty Tomlinson / Emmitt Smith
LT Touchdown Tribute #s 19, 20, 21
Rookie Fantasy Challenge Drew Stanton
Own the Game Justin Miller
Brett Favre Flight to 420 #01 - needs a good card in return
Hall of Fame Class of 2007 Gene Hickerson
Aundrae Allison RC
David Irons RC
Steve Smith RC
Paul Posluszny RC
Robert Meachem RC
Ahmad Bradshaw RC
Antonio Pittman RC
Greg Olsen RC
Aaron Ross RC
Michael Griffin RC
Ryan Kalil RC
Kenny Irons RC
Aaron Rouse RC
Tyler Palko RC
Martrez Milner RC

He also has:
2005 PressPass SE Ciatrick Fason Old School RC
2002 Score "The Franchise" insert Priest Holmes
2007 Leaf Rookies & Stars LaMarr Woodley RC /349 - TRADED
2007 Score Trent Edwards RC - TRADED
2007 Leon Washington ScoreCard parallel /750

Just let me know if you see anything and make an offer. I'll ask him, then let you know back. He's never traded before (except with his sister), so I'm doing it for him. Thanks.

Yeah, the only shop remotely close to us doesn't keep much new stuff. He really just now started wanting cards & we were at Target. He sees me on here trading and getting stuff in the mail all the time, and he desperately just wanted to trade through the mail like I do, is all.

give me ur addy and send me a pm, i can give u some vince young rcs and titans newer players base cards. i just started collecting gu cards also about a year ago, and im 11 now. the best hobby shop is ebay!!!!! lol, u can get really good cards for less than 10 $ on there, and def. a vince young gu for less than 5, thx - brett

lil brettinator - Ill send you a pm.

And thanks to BARMAN1718, who traded my son a Vince Young gu for his Joey Harrington gu.

I will be sure to post pictures of him with his cards when we receive them.

You know, the thing is, it's not like I can't afford to buy my son cards, or get cards for him. He just likes doing HIS chores, earning HIS own money, picking out what he wants from Target or where ever, and he wants to trade HIS cards to get cards in the mail. I have gotten some pretty interesting PMs from people saying I should just buy him some hobby packs to get him some "good" stuff or give him some of my cards, but that's not what he wants. He doesn't know the difference between basic Topps and Leaf Limited. He just knows if it is a jersey card or an autograph or if it says rookie on it, its a "good" card. And he knows he likes Vince Young and the Titans and also AJ Hawk.
I can do without the PMs saying how suspicious it is that I collect Vince Young, and so does my son.

vandychris said:
You know, the thing is, it's not like I can't afford to buy my son cards, or get cards for him. He just likes doing HIS chores, earning HIS own money, picking out what he wants from Target or where ever, and he wants to trade HIS cards to get cards in the mail. I have gotten some pretty interesting PMs from people saying I should just buy him some hobby packs to get him some "good" stuff or give him some of my cards, but that's not what he wants. He doesn't know the difference between basic Topps and Leaf Limited. He just knows if it is a jersey card or an autograph or if it says rookie on it, its a "good" card. And he knows he likes Vince Young and the Titans and also AJ Hawk.
I can do without the PMs saying how suspicious it is that I collect Vince Young, and so does my son.
I understand exactly where you're coming from. My 8 yr old daughter likes to collect but she's the same way. Beside's what she gets from me, she likes to pick her own packs at the store or at the card shop. There's a big thing with kids and doing things on their own, even at an early age.
Ask him if he'd like to trade for this one:
36642514.jpg

he doesn't have to trade a gu..........anything Cleveland Browns or current rookies is fine

BSC - I had my wife get him out of bed and show him the picture of the Hawk jsy (I'm at work - 3rd shift), and he loves it. Really though, what I listed at the top of the thread are the best cards he has other than just base commons and things. We traded the Harrington GU to BARMAN1718 for a Vince GU. I'll see what he has for the Browns tomorrow.
On a side note, I would be interested in your LenDale White 2006 R&S Crusade jsy for myself. Whats the BV on it and do you have any interest in a 2007 Bowman Sterling Joe Thomas RC Jsy Auto? There's a pic of it in the thread I started that is titled "UPDATED LIST - with PICS".
I do want to work something out for the Hawk for my son most though.

vandychris said:
BSC - I had my wife get him out of bed and show him the picture of the Hawk jsy (I'm at work - 3rd shift), and he loves it. Really though, what I listed at the top of the thread are the best cards he has other than just base commons and things. We traded the Harrington GU to BARMAN1718 for a Vince GU. I'll see what he has for the Browns tomorrow.
On a side note, I would be interested in your LenDale White 2006 R&S Crusade jsy for myself. Whats the BV on it and do you have any interest in a 2007 Bowman Sterling Joe Thomas RC Jsy Auto? There's a pic of it in the thread I started that is titled "UPDATED LIST - with PICS".
I do want to work something out for the Hawk for my son most though.
Run this by him tomorrow for the Hawk GU ........... 2007 Leaf Rookies & Stars LaMarr Woodley RC /349
See what he thinks about that trade.

I would definitely be interested in the Joe Thomas. The White Crusade GU books at only 10.00 so I don't think that would be a fair trade for the Thomas. Is there anything else in my bucket you like for the Thomas?

BSC - I'll run that trade by him tomorrow, but I already can tell you he'll say yes! He loves AJ Hawk, that's his favorite defensive player to be on Madden NFL '08!
As for the Thomas, it only books at $15, so I could go in your favor that much since you're helping my son out with his trade. If not, I could trade for the Ted Ginn, Jr. Absolute Mem. Rookie Jsy Collection that's $15, but I still need the LenDale GU. Check my page HERE and the thread I started with the pics on it to see if you need anything else for the LenDale.

brandonmarshallfan - I'll show it to him today, and let you know this afternoon. I plan on taking lots of pics of him with his new cards, they are like his obsession right now. But I guess we can all relate to that, since we are sportscardFREAKS!

Back