Lesnar KOs Mir to retain heavyweight title

GotGibson?

Bench Warmer
Brock Lesnar learns quickly.

Just 17 months after losing to Frank Mir via submission in his UFC debut, Lesnar avenged the defeat and unified the UFC heavyweight title Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Mir had won their first encounter with a kneebar, and he tried another one in the opening minute of the rematch.

The attempt was thwarted by Lesnar, who then spent much of the round smothering Mir from half guard and pounding on him.

Mir wore a smile out for the second period, though. He clipped Lesnar with a short left hand and followed with a knee and a jumping knee. It was his best and only offense. What happened next was especially violent.

Lesnar took Mir down, pinned him against the cage and pummeled his face until referee Herb Dean shoved his way in to stop the fight at 1 minute, 48 seconds.

Mir was clearly hurt. Lesnar taunted him, which brought booing while Joe Rogan interviewed Lesnar after the fight.

"I love it!" Lesnar screamed back at his detractors. "Keep going, keep going!"

The massive heavyweight extracted his mouthpiece.

"Frank Mir had a horseshoe up his a--," Lesnar said. "I told him that a year ago. I pulled the sum b---- out and beat him over the head with it."

Mir was understandably less enthusiastic in defeat.

"He did a good job. He neutralized the stand-up," Mir said. "I got against the cage and made a dumb mistake. I let a guy that big and strong catch my wrist, and I guess I still got more stuff to work on."

"Frank Mir had a horseshoe up his a--," Lesnar said. "I told him that a year ago. I pulled the sum b---- out and beat him over the head with it."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19npyx.gif

Back