Racing Leafsfan1967's New Additions

Leafsfan1967

Bench Warmer
It's been a while since I've been able to post any new additions to my collection. I've had numerous medical issues the past 28 months that has left me unable to afford any new pickups, and especially no new box breaks. I have been able to keep myself occupied, and somewhat satisfied by selling a bunch of cards that I could do without. With the proceeds, and quite a lot of trades, I've been able to put a huge dent in the 06-07 Parkhurst Hockey auto set, I've so anxiously wanted to persue. That set will take some time as it's a 146 autographed set, and several of the cards are very expensive short prints. Not sure how I'm gonna get those, but I'm not dismayed as of yet.

Anyways, I entered 2 different racing contests held on another site, and magnificantly won both contests, both on the same day. For my troubles, I received 2 very nice race used sheet metal cards that are posted below. The first one is the actual Nascar sticker from the sheet metal of the 99 car, and the other one is 3 pieces of sheet metal off the cars of Ryan Newman, Tony Stewart, and Danica Patrick. The scans are nice, but they look much nicer in person. I'm mostly an autograph collector, but these are way too cool to move, so I'm holding onto them for now.

A while back I decided to work on a 2011 Showcase race used set, but plans got put on hold because of my situation. Tonight I was able to add another multi-colour piece (firesuit, and sheet metal) of Jeff Burton, and with any luck, I will be able to continue on with this project in the near future. Sorry for the long read. Here are my new additions below.

scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!gwFBJG6+VjyBQ(VdYhtTQ~~60_3.JPG

Picked this up last night. I already have an Edwards auto in my PC, but I got it for $11.40 plus shipping, so I couldn't refuse, especially from a set like Showcase.

$T2eC16ZHJIkE9qU3k6PUBQn+5Uih8!~~60_12.JPG

Picked this one up tonight for just $4.99, as I didn't yet have a Marcis auto in my PC. I may have another one to show in a little bit, and possibly a bigger pickup tomorrow night. We'll see how I do.

$T2eC16V,!ykE9s7tw3epBQqD8VVV+g~~60_3.JPG

all I can say is...wow!!!!!!!!! quite a few nice pickups, but that Edwards NEEDS to be in my PC! (actually I have a buyer for it...hint hint)!

all I can say is...wow!!!!!!!!! quite a few nice pickups, but that Edwards NEEDS to be in my PC! (actually I have a buyer for it...hint hint)!

All I can say is I absolutely love Showcase, and I hope to add many more autos, and RU from these sets. I'll tell you guys now that the deals out there right now on ebay are mind boggling. Top guys Kahne, Harvick, Edwards etc you can pick up autos for $10-$15. That Marcis is from 2012 Legends. For $4.99 you can't complain. Randy, there is tons of Kyle Busch stuff real cheap. I missed out on a few the past couple days, but some nice combo 3 color firsuits, and 3 color sheet metal cards for $10. Crazy how low this stuff is going for?

One of the problems right now with the NASCAR race-used and autographs...even if the card is numbered to 25, Press Pass has issued a bazillion different sheet metal (and autographs and race-used) all numbered to 25 and the collector is tired of having to chase down so many different products. I remember when a Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson race-used, numbered to 25, would bring a premium...now it's just another "Upper Deck Hockey Jersey"...so-to-speak.

Just scooped this up for a mere $5 plus shipping. Not too bad a deal for an auto of the runner-up to this year's Cup champion Brad Keselowski.

$T2eC16d,!zoE9s5ngH+YBQo)rHwRHg~~60_57.JPG

Yeah, the Monster is his Nationwide Ride...so rare to have a Full Time Sprint Cup Driver signing a Nationwide Autograph.

Got a little carried away last night, and tonight, but these were very cheap, so I grabbed a bunch for future use. Also, one of the sellers has multiple copies of the 1988 Maxx rookies I purchased, and I'm working out a deal to buy a couple more copies of each one, so I can have them on hand for contest prizes this year. :santa:

I picked up the following 1988 Maxx rookies for $1 each (Alan Kulwicki, Neil Bonnett, Ernie Irvan, Michael Waltrip, and Terry Labonte).

$(KGrHqJHJCgE+QgnqW0JBQZMNZHzD!~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJDcE-otjQrU!BPv7vSbGKg~~60_57.JPG

Won just the Bonnett, Waltrip, and Labonte from this scan.
$(KGrHqN,!pMF!,4HFKKjBQTkdbF2C!~~60_57.JPG

Won just the Irvan from this scan.
$(KGrHqZ,!i4F!Ji!IvhpBQTk,UI+!Q~~60_57.JPG

Back