Football Lawyer: 17-year-old Rivera wants plea deal

rynesandbergfan23

Bench Warmer
MIAMI -- An attorney for the 17-year-old accused gunman in the killing of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor wants to work with prosecutors to resolve the case.

Sawyer Smith, who along with his father, Wilbur, is representing Eric Rivera, said Wednesday his client was admitting no wrongdoing yet.

"When the State Attorney's Office is ready, we would like to sit down and begin discussion with them so we can move towards a resolution in the case that has the best interest of all parties in mind," Smith said. "We want to minimize the impact of case resolution on the Taylor family and find a result that's in the best interest of justice."

Smith added: "Plea negotiations are typical in criminal cases. However, we don't know when or if that will occur."

Full Story:

ESPN - Lawyer: 17-year-old Rivera wants plea deal - NFL

rynesandbergfan23 said:
Smith said. "We want to minimize the impact of case resolution on the Taylor family and find a result that's in the best interest of justice."

Hmmmm - take em out back and line him up in front of a blind firing squad.

BSC said:
Charge him as an adult and fry him......thats what i say

Agreed. I don't feel like having my tax dollars pay for him to work out, watch cable tv and browse the internet.

all those mutts that killed sean taylor or that were involved with it live right nown the road from me. well about 2-3 miles away anyways.

scum

Back