Laugh of the Day - November 16, 2014

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
As it is well known... you can't fix stupid.

One of the FaceBook sports card pages has recently "banned" one of it's members for the following:

The Member won a T206 Wagner off eBay for a sum so low that he should have immediately noticed the Red Flags flying. And to top it all off, in the description the seller mentioned it was an "aged reprint".

The Member was so upset when he received his card and was informed that it was a reprint, he posted on several of the FB pages how he had been ripped off and had filed a complaint with eBay and PayPal, but hey.. guess what.. the description said "REPRINT", so guess who eBay and PayPal sided with.

Now, to make matters worse, a few days after he was notified by an authenticator (his LCS.. lol), eBay and PayPal, he offers the same "reprint" as an original. Of course the Admins were watching and immediately warned the member, who continued to repost the thread after it was removed. He wasn't asking for much.. just six figures (would not post an exact.. just had "six figures, PM me").

Okay, I'll raise my hand.. I was one of the members who reported one of his postings to the Admin, When you see this in a thread a big RED FLAG goes up: "Not accepting PayPal. Cash, Money Order or Check (must clear 21 days)."

21 days? gives him time to pull the funds... and run run run!!!

Anyways... if it looks too good to be true...

What a dumbass. There should be a FBI unit to police stuff like that. Seems like it would be quite easy for the cops to nab this guy for fraud.

What a dumbass. There should be a FBI unit to police stuff like that. Seems like it would be quite easy for the cops to nab this guy for fraud.
You would sure think so. It is clear that he knew it was fake and was trying to pass it off as authentic...I don't understand how that isn't illegal. Perhaps that fact that nobody was stupid enough to buy it means he didn't actually commit fraud...just attempted to.

I know this is an old thread. but i think the people on ebay or in lcs shouldbe boycotted for selling reprints and fakes . It should be law that any" reproduction" should be labeled as such on the card . Its so hard to trust buying higher end vintage anymore when there are thousands of fakes for sale

Back