Basketball Kobe Nixes Deal To Detroit

Ground Support

Bench Warmer
Rotoworld sources are relaying that Detroit radio station 1270 AM reported Wednesday that the Lakers and Pistons had a "done deal" as of 6:45 PM on Tuesday that would have sent Richard Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Amir Johnson and a first-round pick to the Lakers for Kobe Bryant.
Both teams had reportedly agreed to the deal, but Bryant alledgedly vetoed it with his no-trade clause, apparently not wanting to go to a depleted Detroit team. It will be interesting to see how the Pistons' players mentioned in the deal react to this news. Nov. 14 - 7:39 pm et

Both teams had a Done Deal.

Did I call it or what?

Kobe is a joke, he needs to realize if he is going to demand a trade, that no matter where he goes, he is going to go to a team with out a couple of their best players.

wow! I thought that deal was a good one for BOTH team! Kobe is just a selfish git who thinks he is bigger than the team.

A detroit team with Kobe, Rasheed and Billups is hardly a depleted team, in fact WAY better than the Lakers!!

Wow - can't believe Kobe wasn't happy!

I wouldn't mind this if I was Kobe!

PG Billups
SG Bryant
SF Hayes
PF McDyess
C Wallace
RES Muhammad
RES Affalo
RES Maxiel
RES Murray
RES Dupree
RES Stuckey
RES Webber (signs contract)???

tigsfan said:
I wouldn't mind this if I was Kobe!

PG Billups
SG Bryant
SF Hayes
PF McDyess
C Wallace
RES Muhammad
RES Affalo
RES Maxiel
RES Murray
RES Dupree
RES Stuckey
RES Webber (signs contract)???

RODNEY STUCKEY?!?!?!?! lmao!

First of all, the detroit team with kobe would be pretty bad...
Yes, they have Billups and Wallace, but that's not a championship team by any means...Kobe has a no trade clause so he should use it whenever he feels like using it.
Before everyone criticize kobe, they need to look at what Lakers management had done to this team...
The reason kobe erupted is because of this.

#1- Kwame Brown for Caron Butler???? (How stupid, just look at Caron right now...he's a 20pt player....Kobe was in close relationship with Caron before he was traded...they practiced every morning together off-season)

#2- Andrew Bynum for Jason Kidd (This trade should have happened last year but stupid lakers owner want to keep Bynum so bad...Kobe played with Kidd on the US Team over the summer and both Kidd and Kobe were so happy to play together...they were roommates during the tournament and loved to play together as a team...And stupid Kupchak and Buss family ruined it)

People might argue there are only two reasons Kobe asked to be traded, but right now he is in peak of his basketball career. He wants to win and he was a winner. And he wants to be traded so he can win. If the lakers did bring Kidd and kept Caron, the lineup would have been this
PG: Kidd, Fisher
SG: Kobe, Evans
SF: C.Butler, Walton
PF: Odom, Turiaf
C: Mihm

Don't u think that lineup is pretty competitive?

First off ..... its a radio station, how many times have radio stations claimed teams had done deals and the deals not go through with or without a trade clause. (I can think of three times someone posted on a few sites that KG was a sure Bull because a radio station.) Second, thier was no source of the GM or inside source from either team to confirm. Third, Joe Dumars said last night during the game, (where the Lakers bench outplayed the Detroit team by the way;) ) that thier was never a legit deal done or finalized or ever that close to being finalized.

Back