Racing Keselowski 20 points ahead of Johnson after crash

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
The Championship is all-but-over, as Jimmie Johnson crashed with 77 laps to go and Brad Keselowski ends up finishing in 6th.

If Jimmie Johnson gains the maximum points in next weekends final race, Keselowski would need to finish 15th or better to win the title.

...so, I guess it's only fair to say, the Championship is Keselowski's to lose.

Let go get that Championship Brad!

...and, expect NASCAR to not only fine and take points away from both Bowyer and Gordon, expect NASCAR to sit the #15 and #24 during next week's final race!

Post race comments by both drivers suggest there will be alot of trouble next weekend!

I definitely think Brad is gonna win the championship now. It's too bad as I would have prefered to see them fight it out next week. As far as the 15, and 24 go, I doubt they'll be parked for next weeks race. Both have pretty spotless records, and with sponsors paying big dollars to have their brand on the track, I'm sure that both will get fines, and probation. I'd be shocked if they were parked at Homestead. As far as fault, or blame goes, Bowyer did knock Gordon into the wall, and it's not the first time he's done that this year. I'm sure it wasn't intentional on Bowyer's part, but at some point you have to expect retaliation when you race guys like that. I'm a little surprised at Gordon's actions, as I thought he had a little more class than that, but I guess he had enough of Bowyer's rubbin, and banging. They both have a week to cool off, so if they do race next weekend, I don't see any more intentional incidents between these two, especially if they are on probation. We'll soon see! It was an exciting finish, I give them that.

Oh, and nascar blew the call on the 2nd to last lap spin by Danica Patrick, as they should have thrown the caution there, and had another green, white, checkered. They were probably still thinking about Childress getting upset about the previous caution, and the fact they thought they got the white flag before it came out. With Harvick on fumes, I wonder if they decided to wait it out. Nascar's decision not to throw the caution cost a lot of race teams a ton of money with wrecked race cars sliding in the 10 car's oil. Nascar gets it right more times than not, but in this instance they blew it.

Back