Just Finished Another Set From My Youth

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
Well, a little eBaying this morning and another set is completed. I paid a little more than I wanted for the last 3 cards (paid about $5 each)...but the set is now done.

The set is the 1995 Signature Rookies Autographed set. I wanted to assemble this set because I collected it as a kid. I was 10 when this set came out and I loved it because each pack contained an autograph! At the time, that was a special thing. Now, the set didn't contain any huge names at the time. It was all college players...and for the most part they were projected as later round picks.

The packs retailed for $5 and contained 6 cards. The base set was 80 cards limited to a production of 39,000. Each pack contained 1 autographed parallel card numbered out of 7750. Not exactly a low print run set...but I collected them as a kid and so I wanted to put the set together.

There was also a second version of the set...the "International" version. This set was identical to the normal set except the cards were stamped with silver foil over the logo in the upper left with "International." The International base cards were limited to 13,500 and the autos limited to 2750.

When I first started this project, I had considered doing the International auto set because the print run is smaller...but I decided against it. My LCS didn't have Internationals when I was a kid...I collected the normal set. So, I decided to collect when I did as a kid.

The autograph set consisted of 79 cards (the base set included a checklist as card #80). Although the set was primarily later round draft picks (it does have a few first rounders)...there are several players who ended up having stellar careers. Some of the bigger names include: Tony Boselli, Derrick Brooks, Terrell Davis, Hugh Douglas, Antonio Freeman, Curtis Martin, and Kordell Stewart. The set also includes Rodney Thomas and Orlando Thomas who both recently passed away.

Once the last few cards arrive, I will scan and post the set.

I think a print run of 7750 is pretty small for this industry. I'd bet there are just a few hundred that have made it to complete sets. Not unique, but worthy of collecting more so than most of the crap being made now.

BTW, this thread needs more pics. :)

I think a print run of 7750 is pretty small for this industry. I'd bet there are just a few hundred that have made it to complete sets. Not unique, but worthy of collecting more so than most of the crap being made now.

BTW, this thread needs more pics. :)
For auto sets, 7750 is pretty big. The same company also made a "Prime" set with a very different design that I am working on that is limited to 3000 (and only 50 cards). Once I get the final 3 in hand, I will get the scanned and post the set.

For auto sets, 7750 is pretty big. The same company also made a "Prime" set with a very different design that I am working on that is limited to 3000 (and only 50 cards). Once I get the final 3 in hand, I will get the scanned and post the set.
Sure, 7750 is a big number for an individual auto card. But, that's what makes them so affordable, right? My point was that I doubt there would be more than a few hundred who went to the length of putting together a complete collection.

Sure, 7750 is a big number for an individual auto card. But, that's what makes them so affordable, right? My point was that I doubt there would be more than a few hundred who went to the length of putting together a complete collection.
That's probably true. I have seen 1 or 2 complete sets for sale over the years. It does make them more affordable for sure.

OK, well all the cards have arrived and I have the whole set scanned. The set is 79 cards...but it also had a couple promos that were released with auto versions as well. So, I was able to fill 9 pages with the set (79 card set + 2 promos). Every card in the set is autographed and /7750. The promos have a different print run.

I will post 3 pages at a time over the next few days. Here are the first 3:

Page 1:
#1: Derrick Alexander
#2: Kelvin Anderson
#3: Antonio Armstrong
#4: Jamie Asher
#5: Joe Aska
#6: Dave Barr
#7: Brandon Bennett
#8: Tony Berti
#9: Mark Birchmeier

Page 2:
#10: Tony Boselli
#11: Derrick Brooks
#12: Anthony Brown
#13: Ruben Brown
#14: Mark Bruener
#15: Ontiwaun Carter
#16: Stoney Case
#17: Byron Chamberlain
#18: Shannon Clavelle

Page 3:
#19: Jamal Cox
#20: Zack Crockett
#21: Terrell Davis
#22: Tyrone Davis
#23: Lee DeRamus
#24: Ken Dilger
#25: Hugh Douglas
#26: David Dunn
#27: Chad Eaton

OK, here are the next 3 pages:

Page 4:
#28: Hicham El-Mashtoub
#29: Christian Fauria
#30: Terrell Fletcher
#31: Antonio Freeman
#32: Eddie Goines
#33: Roger Graham
#34: Carl Greenwood
#35: Ed Herbey
#36: Jimmy Hitchcoch

Page 5:
#37: Darius Holland
#38: Torey Hunter
#39: Steve Ingram
#40: Jack Jackson
#41: Trezelle Jenkins
#42: Ellis Johnson
#43: Eric Johnson
#44: Rob Johnson
#45: Chris T. Jones

Page 6:
#46: Larry Jones
#47: Shawn King
#48: Scotty Lewis
#49: Curtis Martin
#50: Oscar McBride
#51: Kez McCorvey
#52: Bronzell Miller
#53: Pete Mitchell
#54: Brent Moss

Here is the rest of the set:

Page 7:
#55: Craig Newsome
#56: Herman O'Berry (Oregon!!!)
#57: Matt O'Dwyer
#58: Tyrone Poole
#59: Brian Pruitt
#60: Cory Raymer
#61: John Sacca
#62: Frank Sanders
#63: J.J. Smith

Page 8:
#64: Brendan Stai
#65: Steve Stenstrom
#66: James O. Stewart
#67: Kordell Stewart
#68: Ben Talley
#69: Bobby Taylor
#70: Johnny Thomas
#71: Orlando Thomas
#72: Rodney Thomas

Page 9:
#73: Zach Wiegert
#74: Jerrott Willard
#75: Billy Williams
#76: Sherman Williams
#77: Jamal Willis
#78: Dave Wohlabaugh
#79: Eric Zeier
Promo: Rashaan Salaam /500 (1994 Hesiman Trophy winner)
Promo: Michael Westbrook /1000

Back