Just about finalized: Sonics to OKC

From what I've read, the way it went down was that most of the lesser co-owners didn't want to sell but Howard Schultz had controlling say and chose to sell. No local owner had a chance to buy because Schultz worked it secretly and jumped at an offer that was 100mill over value.

True? Who knows?

Either way, its far from "just about finalized".

There are so many chapters yet to be written.

For example: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-28-263/Save-Our-Sonics--This-Game-is-FAR-from-Over.html

Bottom line is that a new arena is closer than its ever been and the NBA execs have said that they will not approve a move if there is an arena deal in the works.

From what I've read, the way it went down was that most of the lesser co-owners didn't want to sell but Howard Schultz had controlling say and chose to sell. No local owner had a chance to buy because Schultz worked it secretly and jumped at an offer that was 100mill over value.

True? Who knows?

Either way, its far from "just about finalized".

There are so many chapters yet to be written.

For example: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-28-263/Save-Our-Sonics--This-Game-is-FAR-from-Over.html

Bottom line is that a new arena is closer than its ever been and the NBA execs have said that they will not approve a move if there is an arena deal in the works.

That's good to hear that they have some sort of plan in place. It does make sense too, with the new owner working in a move to provide leverage for an arena. From what I gathered (from the above articles I linked and a couple others I saw beforehand), they made this move sound like it was a done deal minus getting around some paperwork.

But I know how these things go, couldn't tell you how many times I was told (as a young kid) that the Giants might be moved to Florida back in '92.

Last edited by a moderator:
i know exactly how you feel mike, every year there are a bunch of people blowing smoke about how vegas is getting a team but that probably wont happen since gambling isnt going anywhere

Back