Johnny Manziel, the next big thing?

I think he's the big thing right now. I actually liked watching him play in college...but I watched the game last weekend and saw him laughing and joking on the sideline when they are down 25 points. I just don't see him having the maturity to succeed in the NFL. Plus, he has struggled every-time he has taken the field.

I honestly think his story will be similar to Ryan Leaf. He has the talent and the ability...but I think the lack of maturity will do him in in the long run.

The funny thing is, I was just getting out of the hobby for the first time when Ryan Leaf was a rookie. His stuff was HOT at the time...just like Manziel now. It was miles beyond my budget in 1998. I picked up one of his "big" 1998 cards just the other day for next to nothing...I got it because I could remember when it was so expensive and it made me laugh.

Manziel = Tebow

Neither one are team players... in it only for themselves. The faster Manziel is gone, the better off the NFL will be.

I dunno, lack of maturity, in it only for himself, seems like he'll fit right in at the NFL.

I dunno, lack of maturity, in it only for himself, seems like he'll fit right in at the NFL.
You can be selfish all you want and make it in the NFL...but your on the field actions have to be a positive. Johnny has yet to show anything positive on the field and has already been seen making an obscene gesture during a pre-season game. Not exactly the best start.

I hope he gets his head on straight because I think he is a dynamic talent who could be really fun to watch...but I just don't see it happening.

What I really wonder is...what is Brian Hoyer's future. This kid looked good last year, he looks really good this year and I remember thinking when he was in college he looked pretty sharp. I think eventually the pressure will be on the Browns to use Manziel (for better or for worse) and that might mean Hoyer will be available for some other team. I think Hoyer has a bright future.

Back