January 2012 Card of The Month

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Starting in January 2012 we decided to start holding a contest of the best cards pulled by our members. Those cards are nominated and voted on by other members of TCZ and a winner is selected. These winners will go on to compete in our Card of The Year poll which will be voted on with the end of year awards.

Let's take a look at the nominations from our first month.

The first 2 cards nominated were nominated by their owner, pwolantern. He pulled both of these cards in a single box of 2011 Topps Rising Rookies football. I mean, I would have been happy with either of these hits, but to pull them both from the same box must have felt amazing.

The first one we saw was a Tim Tebow jumbo GU /10! It ended up being our first nomination, and the first place winner. Again, congratulations pwolantern. We'll see this card in another poll again in the future.

tebow_gu_001.jpg

But then, in the same box, he also pulled a Matt Forte GU/Auto /25. I mean, really?!

forte_au_001.jpg

Then we had one nominated by me, for Cool_Hand_Flash. I mean, the patch alone was worthy of being nominated in my opinion. It also didn't hurt that the card had Fitz on it.

Here's a look at his Bowman Sterling Fitzgerld/Baldwin dual patch /25.

fitzgerals_baldwin_gu_001.jpg

Finally, another self nomination (and 1st runner-up in the poll) we had an auto pulled from 2012 NCAA Sweet Spot football, by otis.

Take a look at this beauty. It's a Ndamukong Suh Auto /250.

suh_au_001.jpg

Back