Jameis Winston Dresses For Game...

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
For those of you who didn't watch the game... or are denial (as Winston is...)
Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston is suspended for [last Friday's] game against Clemson. He isn't supposed to play.

But Winston thought it would be a good idea to suit up and stand on the sidelines in full gear for the Seminoles. Coach Jimbo Fisher thought otherwise, sending Winston back to the locker room to change.

Winston was initially suspended for the 1st half of tonight's game for jumping on a table in the middle of the FSU campus and screaming obscenities (which can be read at TMZ, but not allowed to be stated on our site)... but after public outcry, school officials later decided to suspend him from the entire game.

Apparently, Winston didn't get the message.

Also... several times during the game, Winston (who was standing on the sidelines in street clothes, but with a team jersey on) ran unto the field to congratulate teammates on plays.

Wondering if the NCAA will slap the school's hands? I realize Winston was suspended by the school and NOT the NCAA, but Florida State should NEVER have allowed a suspended player to:

1. Make the trip
2. Dress (why was his uniform even there? What gave Winston the right to dress?)
3. Be on the sideline
4. Run onto the field several times during the game
5. Send in plays (using hand signals)

Am I a Winston hater? Yes I am! With Manziel no longer playing NCAA football I have nobody else to hate...lol

On a side note... isn't it strange that only TMZ seems to be able to get the "behind the scenes" story on NCAA and NFL situations?

I completely agree with you...and I was thinking the same thing. From what I could tell...his "suspension" basically demoted him to the status of "injured player." He was still fully involved with the team throughout the week and the game, he was on the sidelines the whole time, and apparently he gave a passionate half time speech that got the team fired up.

I know not being allowed to play is a punishment...but based on what I saw he was given the same treatment as an injured player. IMHO, this is not what a suspension is supposed to be.

Back