Items for Autism Awareness Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jays1fan

Bench Warmer
I have decided to take all of my remaining items to raise money for Autism Awareness Month this April.
Many of you know I have an autistic child who I watch over 24/7 , so usually when I sell something , it goes in a pot for other Jays Items so that I never use the "Family" money.
SO ALL Proceeds are going to this cause and Not to my Blue Jays funds.

I only have a couple of "Major" Items left , but I have alot of other Stuff that I would rather throw in for you instead of listing them for sale.

For a $250 Donation to this great cause , I will send you from my personal Jays Collection :
2006 Lyle Overbay GAME USED JERSEY ( MLB Holo ) , which was purchased from the Blue Jays for $400 plus $40 Shipping last year.
AND
Joel Zumaya 1st Save Game * Game Used Baseball ( MLB Holo ) , which SOLD for $210 plus $10 shipping on MLB.com Auction and I have the invoice to prove it. ( which you will also get )
Thats $660 Total Value for your $250 Donation right there.
Plus
I will put these items ( AND MORE ) into a Flat Rate Priority Mail Box , Insure it and use DC.
Besides the Game Used Jersey and Game Used Baseball , what ever else I can fit in the box , I will!
Paypal is OK , but you MUST send it as a Gift Payment and you MUST state for Autism Awareness Donation and not these items.
Otherwise a USPS Money Order is Fine.
Thanks,
Scott

is there a DIRECT link to the Autism Charity that the donation can be made to? Unfortunatly we have seen these "charities" pop up before and the money went no where but in the sellers pocket...

Is there a website or some sort of "tracker" where the donation can be viewed?

ac-n-mike said:
is there a DIRECT link to the Autism Charity that the donation can be made to? Unfortunatly we have seen these "charities" pop up before and the money went no where but in the sellers pocket...

Is there a website or some sort of "tracker" where the donation can be viewed?

If you want MY items , the donation goes to me and I turn it in. To your point of people putting it in their pockets ... same goes for people "Saying" they made a donation. There are plenty of Research Centers and organizations on Autism. one is Autism Research Institute
I am trying to be nice here , so I dont need your Crap.

Here is a BUNCH of stuff I am able to ADD to the box.
72303.jpg

72269.jpg

72211.jpg

72210.jpg

72168.jpg

72167.jpg

72128.jpg

72127.jpg

72080.jpg

72079.jpg

72078.jpg

72077.jpg

72076.jpg

72075.jpg

72074.jpg

"your crap" wow. You're a sharp tool there jays. I have a hard time believing any of this, as if you were indeed intending to "donate" the money to autism you could suggest donating the funds here:
Donate to Support Research that Makes a Difference and forwarding you the confirmation email of the donation- But that would keep you from getting the funds, wouldn't it?

Jays1fan said:
If you want MY items , the donation goes to me and I turn it in. To your point of people putting it in their pockets ... same goes for people "Saying" they made a donation. There are plenty of Research Centers and organizations on Autism. one is Autism Research Institute
I am trying to be nice here , so I dont need your Crap.

I was merely pointing out that some people would like a link.. or may be skeptikal is all.... but since you are just going to be rude.. then i may just shut this down and you can do it elsewhere...

I have done charity auctions here on the site before... and recently...

and was asked the same thing and I didn't get all hissy about it...

I posted a link , posted information so that the people bidding would be more comfortable and informed about the charity etc...

MOOSEHEAD has provided EXACTLY what I was asking for from you...and apparently it wasn't difficult for him to find...

ac-n-mike said:
I was merely pointing out that some people would like a link.. or may be skeptikal is all.... but since you are just going to be rude.. then i may just shut this down and you can do it elsewhere...

I have done charity auctions here on the site before... and recently...

and was asked the same thing and I didn't get all hissy about it...

I posted a link , posted information so that the people bidding would be more comfortable and informed about the charity etc...

MOOSEHEAD has provided EXACTLY what I was asking for from you...and apparently it wasn't difficult for him to find...

Again , I was trying to be nice and DONATE my items for a good cause.
All that I asked in return that the $$ be sent to me , so that when I donated the actuall $$ to the cause , that I am able to take a small tax decuction.
Nothing to hide there. But if you want to be a jerk and attack , close it down big man. As a matter of fact , why dot you DELETE the entire thread and all my threads , for I wont be back. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

why should YOU be able to make the tax deduction? YOU are not the one making the donation... the person that buys the item is....

again.. shady

I am searching and reading back on my posts to see if I said anyting rude....

looks like I was simply asking for more info to help him out... make it easier for people to donate etc...

If his intentions were in the right place the response shouldn't have been so defensive. It is absolutely perverse to take advantage of someone's kindness by exploiting a good cause. I can only hope this wasn't the case.

again i was not trying to be rude... not sure how it came across that way... I posted an auction for a charity and people asked me the same questions.. I was merely trying to help him avoid those skeptics and accusations

1st of all I POSTED A LINK to your response ( Attack ), and just because you are a mod here doesnt give you the right to twist things around.
2nd of all , why should I get the tax deduction ?? Because I am giving up over $600 worth of stuff for only $250. ( again , trying to be nice ).

So twist that all around and try and get your buddies to help you post against that. And if you were half as smart as you THINK you are , you would know you are past the line and this is considered slander. so my advise to you is to delete this entire thing.

who tried to twist anything? I never did... you seem a BIT defensive here

I simply was stating that people are skeptical... you are the one that started taking personal shots

and AS A MOD HERE I have every right to ask you for more information to protect the members of the site... if you can't see that then maybe your idea of going elsewhere is a good one

Jays1fan said:
1st of all I POSTED A LINK to your response ( Attack ), and just because you are a mod here doesnt give you the right to twist things around.
2nd of all , why should I get the tax deduction ?? Because I am giving up over $600 worth of stuff for only $250. ( again , trying to be nice ).

So twist that all around and try and get your buddies to help you post against that. And if you were half as smart as you THINK you are , you would know you are past the line and this is considered slander. so my advise to you is to delete this entire thing.

i'm pretty positive there is nothing slanderous in any post... first off, wouldn't it actually be libel, since tecnically posts are published to the site? but technicalities aside, there is no false accusation anywhere that I can find. All that was asked was for a direct link to the charity as more people would be comfortable doing a donation that way, and then you blew a gasket. I think you need to calm down a little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back