Hockey Is YOUR LCS stocking 2012-13 Hockey?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Checked in with our Local Card Shop...looking to see what 2012-13 Hockey they had in stock.

Want the ol' cheapie Upper Deck? They got 'em!

Want the better products (i.e., Black Diamond)? They are very adamant with their answer of "ain't gonna happen."

Of course they blame the NHL's strike for the reasoning behind not stocking the products, but in the last four or five years they have sold more Hockey than NASCAR OR Baseball (told to me by one of the co-owners who is upset they didn't order). I've watched them stock the shelves...they purchase about a dozen boxes of Allen and Ginter, and usually have one left on the shelf during the late fall...but when it came to Black Diamond, they always had a case on hand and would sell them out before the Hockey Season was over.

But...now to think of it...last year they kept their NASCAR box purchases down to about two or three per product (which meant they sold them at about $25-plus over what you could order on-line) and they only put about six boxes of A&G on the shelves (sold out in a week).

Now, if you want Magic Cards, vintage toys (He-Man, Transformers, etc) or Comic Books, then our LCS is the place to go! Sad to sad, but it seems that this portion of their business has taken over more than 3/4 of the shop now... and continues to grow.

What is your LCS stocking?

The only shop I frequent is over 80% Magic in sales volume. All the better for me to strike a rock bottom deal, so I don't mind.

Back