Is This Hobby a Gamble?

I play in the shallow end, sure the guys that come out of the gate dumping $100's into Kaepernick or Wilson the past couple years did well for themselves, but the guys dumping into Tebow at release?...that has tanked...

I don't really 'prospect' at all any more, that doesn't usually pan out so well for me....I find a lot I like, I generally know what some of the stuff sells for, then factor in what is left and that is what I can expect...sure, it sounds nice when you buy a lot for $300 and sell it for $550, but ive bought far more lots for $20 that have sold for $50, doesn't sound AS impressive, but the % is there...heck I bought a 21 card lot for $14 dlvd, sold 1 card out of the lot for $14.95 within 2 hours on eBay, then ive peddled off several of the other cards for another $25, and I still have half of the cards...sure that $300 lot has more 'good' cards, I mean the last one I bought in that neighborhood was like half football half baseball, and I don't know much about baseball, so I figured the baseball at what I would pay for a scrub in football, well it turns out it was much better than that, Shelby Miller Bowman Chrome AU $25 (sold most of this stuff way too early, but I would rather have liquid than cards waiting to jump or crash), 2 Joey Gallo AU, Michael Wacha AU, several Bowman Chrome Colored RCs, AUs and such, best of which I got like $31 for, had another couple sell in the $10-$20 range...I still have a few cards from the lot in the $2-$10 range that im just waiting for someone to like.

had a nice small football lot that I paid like $200 for, had Marshawn Lynch Bowman Chrome RC AU $20, Lynch Premiere AU/JSY $15, and the big boy a Jed Collins Contenders $170, so those covered, left me with Matt Flynn AU and a variety of other stuff...I should start keeping track of stuff, if you look through my old mail threads there are some complete gems in there...

Back