Is there a market for (200) GEM 88T Bo Jackson RCs?

n05114

Bench Warmer
Hi,
today, I had the opportunity to buy a 200-count lot of 1988 Topps Bo Jackson RCs.
The cards were shipped directly from Topps to the dealer almost 20 years ago. I took a look at them and they are perfect. I would guess that most, if not all, would grade out at least PSA 9 and the lot is probably loaded with 10s.

My question for anyone who might know: What are they worth? What might they bring on Ebay considering they are Gem Mint, but aren't graded?

Thanks in advance. Jon

those actually dont grade out as well as one might think as they have centering issues as well as surface issues, id say standard ungraded would go $1-$2 on ebay, not sure what the graded stuff would do, as its been awhile since i looked into getting a PSA 10 bo rc...but if there are some 10s in there i would suspect that they would go $60-$100 each when graded

Thanks for the heads-up on the centering/surface issues. The corners and edges are perfect, but I didn't get a close look at the centering yet.

I think I saw where a PSA 10 went for about $50. This guy wanted $2 a card, but I was afraid I couldn't get my money back on that. Oh well, I'm his only buyer so maybe he'll come off of that price.

I would certainly come off the price, and how does he expect you to recoup your investment if he is unloading 200 at $2 each. Definately look at the pop reports for PSA and BGS to get an idea of what is out there.

I would certainly come off the price, and how does he expect you to recoup your investment if he is unloading 200 at $2 each. Definately look at the pop reports for PSA and BGS to get an idea of what is out there.

He doesn't have a clue. He's an older gentleman who owned a card shop back in the late 80s (when they were everywhere). He doesn't own a computer and we live in an area of the country where there's probably 5 card collectors in a 100-mile radius.

He just buys a new Beckett and thinks everything should go for close to half-BV. I think I could turn a OK profit at $1/card because they are in perfect shape. But I've never sent cards in to be graded so I'd most likely resell them raw.

-Jon

He doesn't have a clue. He's an older gentleman who owned a card shop back in the late 80s (when they were everywhere). He doesn't own a computer and we live in an area of the country where there's probably 5 card collectors in a 100-mile radius.

He just buys a new Beckett and thinks everything should go for close to half-BV. I think I could turn a OK profit at $1/card because they are in perfect shape. But I've never sent cards in to be graded so I'd most likely resell them raw.

-Jon

I would definitely get some graded. I have a PSA membership and am willing to help.

looking at eBay, some observations.

Raw: $0.50 - $1, whether in lots or indiv., I can see slightly more for a high grade lot, but $2 each would be a reach.
PSA 9 : $9 - $10, maybe slightly less for a floor price
PSA 10 : $35 - $50

Back