Industry Summit (Press Pass Update)

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Last week there was an Industry Summit in Las Vegas. All the card manufacturers were present (Press Pass, Panini, etc.).

The BIG news from Press Pass: a reduction down to six releases this year, focusing on keeping only the top performing brands from last year.

Press Pass released this:

· Legends will be branded a 2015 product with the re-designed calendar, so barring something unforeseen, it will take 2014 off.

· We are replacing Ignite with American Thunder, adding a hit per box, and having an “Americana/Military” theme to the program. The designs look great, and with the timing (photos from Daytona, just before Memorial day), we think it will be a hit. We also have a 10 card insert based on The King’s Daytona career, with an autograph & material chase element, as this year is the 50th anniversary of his 1st 500 win.

· We are essentially blending Fanfare with Redline, keeping the hit components of Redline, and adding the larger roster from Fanfare. With a reduction down to 6 releases this year, we are focusing on keeping only our top performing brands from last year. Fanfare was solid for us, but Redline was definitely the better performer.

· Due to the amount of materials required, we are likely going to give Five Star a year to breathe. With that said, if we are able to obtain more materials from the teams than we have been able to in past years, and the demand remains, we are open to bringing it back next year, but I think 2016 is the more realistic date for its return.

· Redline could have some new signers as well, but since we are just starting on that roster, that is still up in the air at this point. I’m honestly not sure of all the new signers in Total Mem at this time (I didn’t do that roster, because I was neck deep in football), but I can tell you that the “Rising Stars” will be Tanner Berryhill, Ryan Gifford, Drew Herring, Daniel Suarez & Kevin Swindell. We should have the final checklist up on our website either tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Of the rising stars only daniel suarez has not raced in at least one of the top three cup series yet. The rest ran at least one in nationwide and kevin swindell even ran one cup race.

One thing I would like to see is a book Auto/Race Used of Kevin and his dad Sammy Swindell together. JMO, but they should try and do like the top 3 or 4 dirt racing divisions, like what a company did back in the day with the WoO Sprints. Like have the WoO Sprints, Late Models, and Super Dirt Series(Big Block Modifieds) with Autos and R/U. I think it would be a hit for kids and local race fans as it would give them the chance to get an autograph of a driver that is hard to reach before/after the races.

This is interesting information....

Racinghy while it would be hit with some it is also a fine line with the racing collectors. While many of us enjoy getting greats of other series in releases there seems to be a far more vocal majority that hate it for the most part. Putting the greats of the NHRA and INDY seems to rub people the wrong way every they are in legends. That despite the fact that the product is not called NASCAR legends

This is interesting information....

Racinghy while it would be hit with some it is also a fine line with the racing collectors. While many of us enjoy getting greats of other series in releases there seems to be a far more vocal majority that hate it for the most part. Putting the greats of the NHRA and INDY seems to rub people the wrong way every they are in legends. That despite the fact that the product is not called NASCAR legends

Well, I mean like its own series, not an addition to another

Not enough interest. INDY and NHRA both have had their turn with their own releases and can not support a stand alone product. With much larger fan bases and marketing. Thats why they have to mix them in with NASCAR to get cards out for the biggest of the big stars and sales are much lower than the nascar ones

JMO again, but that is why they should sell it at tracks not only on the tour, but at local tracks in the US/Canada. Make it a reasonably priced product, and kids would try to talk their parents into buying it or make like a blaster box with 1 Auto/RU/Parallel per box, and have them alternate like a parallel, then auto, R/U, etc.

i agree with you just cant see anyway it would ever be possible.

I just wish NASCAR would get their heads clear and instead of looking at cards as a way to make money by licensing they would use them as a marketing tool. Press Pass cant even distribute them free at tracks. You have to pay to do that.

i agree with you just cant see anyway it would ever be possible.

I just wish NASCAR would get their heads clear and instead of looking at cards as a way to make money by licensing they would use them as a marketing tool. Press Pass cant even distribute them free at tracks. You have to pay to do that.

WOW, you have got to be kidding me...that is ridiculous

It seems that the card manufacturers make big money from this and i bet the industry show was a big event. What kind of cards can I get can I get any sport at all and cards of the players. Can I get football cards and horse racing cards. I would have though there would be more information for newbies on this forum.
These companies make money or they wouldnt be in it. However they do not make money on every product. There is a huge amount of expense in producing these cards since everyone and their mama wants money from the licensing. The industry show is not that big of an event and its limited in who can attend. This year leaf and itg were not allowed to attend even though they had paid in advance. What do you mean can you get football cards and horse racing cards. Can you get them from whom. There are many cards out there and different companies producing them What are you looking for and how much are you willing to spend are the first questions that need to be answered to lead you anywhere. What information are you newbies looking for. People are willing to help and answer questions because no site can just put huge amounts of tutorials online. a lot of people wouldnt read anyway they just ask the questions. So what are your questions

Back