Basketball I'm done with LeBron

Ajax44

Bench Warmer
I'm done with the guy. I don't care if he ever accomplishes anything. I looked past the "Hummer Incident" in high school. When he got to the pros, he refused to be in the dunk contest. He quit in the NBA Finals. He parties during the playoffs. The list goes on.

I tried to look past it. I loved the relationship with Ilgauskus, even though the styles of play they needed to be most effective are polar opposites. He adopted the new guys, and formed a team. He seemed like he was having fun.

Last summer, walked off the court without shaking hands when the Magic whipped them. He got dunked on and tried to get the tapes erased. He didn't re-sign. He's reluctant to represent our country this summer. Then, over the last week or so, he didn't play. He had a chance to bring tons of publicity to the league by engaging in a scoring battle with Durant.

He doesn't care about us. He doesn't. No dunk contest? Sitting out games? Not willing to fight for a scoring title?

All he cares about is his brand image and his bank accounts. I'm done with the dude.

Kobe may be an egomaniacal attention-whore, but the dude spends all day every day working on his game. He picks moves from legends. He listens to people identify his weaknesses, and he searches out solutions. He plays hurt.

I'm almost done with Wade and Bosh, too. I forgot Shaq long ago. Garnett lost me during the 08 Playoffs with his ridiculous actions and tomfoolery.

KD and Dirk join Kobe, David Lee, Joe Johnson, and Ray Allen as my favorite guys..........for now.

Lebron is a Chump.. Never have been a fan, never will be a fan.

He is no MJ.

Jordan missed 6 games over the 6 seasons he won a nba championship... Played in all 246 (82 x 3) regular season games over a 3 season period when he lead the Bulls to their 2nd three-peat...

Sports and atheletes are more about marketing/branding today than ever before. Its no surprise. Its a push by their admin teams to "Capitalize" on every $$ thats out there for comepetion when it comes to endorsments. The NBA has been like this since MJ came into the league. MJ was the "Chosen one". He was picked out as the guy that would help promote the NBA to an international game. A game that would not only be recognized globally but would challenge national sports in the US like Baseball and Football which were to dominant in the broadcasting world. The NBA, along with Nike strategically marketing this guy, who became the posterchild of the NBA.

The NBA took off as popularity caught on in Asia like wildfire. MJ became the center of it all. His game was dominant but the marketing by Nike and NBA made him into a "God" like figure when it concerned basketball. Everything he did was always good, never bad. Anything bad was swept under the rug and made sure no one knew. What was leaked as always discredited until years later when the admitally came out (Ie.. gambling, fighting with team mates, asking others to be traded).

Lebron is going through the same thing. Another poster child led by Nike, Sprite and NBA to be the center of attention for the NBA. Because of so much attention, the scrutiny in everything he does is always front page and in our faces.

The only difference between him and Jordan??? We get the negative news of Lebron much more because of social media networking. Jordan didnt have someone twittering, bubbly motion msging or blogging every detail like Lebron does. Info, rumors and gossip travel 1000x faster and 1000x more today then they did last decade.

orangejello727 said:
Sports and atheletes are more about marketing/branding today than ever before. Its no surprise. Its a push by their admin teams to "Capitalize" on every $$ thats out there for comepetion when it comes to endorsments. The NBA has been like this since MJ came into the league. MJ was the "Chosen one". He was picked out as the guy that would help promote the NBA to an international game. A game that would not only be recognized globally but would challenge national sports in the US like Baseball and Football which were to dominant in the broadcasting world. The NBA, along with Nike strategically marketing this guy, who became the posterchild of the NBA.

The NBA took off as popularity caught on in Asia like wildfire. MJ became the center of it all. His game was dominant but the marketing by Nike and NBA made him into a "God" like figure when it concerned basketball. Everything he did was always good, never bad. Anything bad was swept under the rug and made sure no one knew. What was leaked as always discredited until years later when the admitally came out (Ie.. gambling, fighting with team mates, asking others to be traded).

Lebron is going through the same thing. Another poster child led by Nike, Sprite and NBA to be the center of attention for the NBA. Because of so much attention, the scrutiny in everything he does is always front page and in our faces.

The only difference between him and Jordan??? We get the negative news of Lebron much more because of social media networking. Jordan didnt have someone twittering, bubbly motion msging or blogging every detail like Lebron does. Info, rumors and gossip travel 1000x faster and 1000x more today then they did last decade.
The only difference(s) between Lebron and Jordan has nothing to do with social media networks or gossip...

michael_jordan_trophy_rings.jpg

No reason on earth Lebron needed to be on the court when the goal is a title

Injuries to Bosh and Roy are the perfect examples why he sat. He's done more than enough for the league already,and battling for a useless,yes useless scoring title is irrelevant.

Sorry but Lebron has not done anything for the league. The league and the FANS have made Lebron. Yes he is a very talented player, but there was a league before him and there will be a league after him....Why is that, it is because of the FANS. We are the ones that pay their salary.

NFL and NBA teams are doing the same thing now, resting their big names at the end of the season.... boring for the fans, but they are going for championships....

ac-n-mike said:
NFL and NBA teams are doing the same thing now, resting their big names at the end of the season.... boring for the fans, but they are going for championships....

and we saw how that worked out for my Colts.

:(

yup... I think in the NFL it's the easiest sport to do it in...

NBA (shooting) you have to have a rhythm... same as in baseball (hitting/pitching etc)...

football is EASIER to take a break from (but still not easy)... but still... you have to have that IN GAME feel etc... taking games off sux

It's just life in general. How often do WE talk about how hard that first day of work is, once we come back from a few days off?

Steve_O_21 said:
The only difference(s) between Lebron and Jordan has nothing to do with social media networks or gossip...

michael_jordan_trophy_rings.jpg

That makes you a sucker of media. You buy Jordan shoes because of Nike tells you to. You believe Jordan was a saint because Nike and NBA told you he was one. Then when your bubble bursts about how jordan had a gambling problem, you turn a blind eye to it because..."Ohhh there is no way the GOAT wasnt perfect".....

If social media networks have nothing to do with how Lebron is presented today, I have only one question for you. Where do you get your NBA/Lebron news from?

I was trying to edit my post above but I cant seem to find the edit button. But when I mentioned "You", that is a generalization to everyone. "You" as in "You the fan" not specfically you!!.

Also for the pic of the ring to set the difference between Jordan and Lebron?? The rings? I think most people know that im not a fan of Lebron. But my dislike for the player wont blind me to his talent. He definately has the talent to be the best one day. And is one hell of a player today. But the rings only make a player to those who choose to define a player by their hardware. If that was the case, then Russell was twice the player Jordan was based on his rings!!

BILL RUSSELL was twice the TEAM PLAYER that MJ was IMO ....his titles speak for themselves

but on a man to man basis... MJ is still the best ;) (again just an opinion)

MVP's might mean diddly... but RINGS don't lie

Man, what are players thinking these days? Sitting out of meaningless games so they don't risk getting hurt for the playoffs?!

Man oh man, the NBA sure is full of dumbasses.

Back