Register or log in to remove this ad.

I think I pissed the big guy upstairs off

Brad

Bench Warmer
Everything seems to be going worng for me recently. First I have not 1 but 2 Summer Jobs lined up. I go to follow up with them and neither of them have the Summer hours they originally thought they would had. It would have been nice to be told this in the beginning or mid of May and not beginning of June. How many palces are looking to hire an 18 year old for 2.5 monthes that will probably not work there again? Not many. So now I am on a job hunt. I have found out most retail places do it online now. I have not gotten a single call back even though I have spent 2+ year working retail before. The places that do not have online, have these stupid kiosks that suck. I have had them freeze on me multiple times and no one can fix them. Right now it seems like I am kind of screwed unless something happens soon since I need money. Also if I have no money, there is no chance I can go to Nationals since I still will need money for college books and other crap. I guess I got screwed here and now have to cut down on buying cards since my income is no drastically cut. Also my stupid internet has not been working most of the day so I could not do more application since there is actually one place hiring. Maybe I will here something, but I am not sure anymore. I have friends who parents run companies and that is filled up to. I guess I am SOL.

I feel a little better now, thanks for reading the rant.

lumm0x

Rookie
Go tree planting or something. They're alway hiring summer students aren't they?

Hopefully something pans out quick for you though.

f8n4tune

Bench Warmer
When retail fails there is always Security(colleges/venues) and also Temp Services. Hope things work out and don't get bummed , the big guy never gives you more than he thinks you can handle. ;)

Brad

Bench Warmer
Also my car is on its last legs on just under 165,000 miles. I have tried just about everyplace intown. There is one company hiring, but my mom works there, so I cannot be hired which also sucks since it is a "conflict of interest"

GiantFan

Rookie
Try a construction job or landscaping. Those people can always use a hand for the summer. I know the work sucks and it's hot but it's a JOB!

Good luck.

Seahawklady

Bench Warmer
Chin up, big guy! Try Craigslist.org for a good variety of job listings.

I don't know if they have these in your particular area, but a lot of kids here in San Diego get part-time jobs as sign carriers. They stand on a street corner with a sign for whatever business, and they sit and dance around with the sign to attract people to whatever the sign is for. Here they have them for everything from tanning salons to condo complexes. Some of 'em are pretty creative too. Get your excersize and $$ at the same time!

Seahawklady

Bench Warmer
just make sure of what section you post in :lollol::lollol::lollol:

Good luck!! I can use a dog sitter for a week in October :D

All those smileys and they forgot the :rolleyes: one!

Craigslist can be browsed as well. You can look up lots of different job offereings.

Get your Weim-head out of the trash, you dog lover :D:D:D:D:D ;)