Register or log in to remove this ad.

I made the switch...

Seahawcla

Prospect
I cancelled my cable at the end of the month.

Direct TV is coming the day after Die Hard 4 :dance:

I will let my cable company know that they lost me based on their decision to not show the Seahawks game on the NFLN this past fall. We get NFLN but they blacked out the games :wall:

wdkantro2

Bench Warmer
That sucks. We actually switched from DTV to cable (logistics for HD) and I am liking it quite a bit. I won't be here for football season so that probably won't be an issue, but cable definitely has some NFL problems to work out.

Seahawklady

Bench Warmer
I cancelled my cable at the end of the month.

Direct TV is coming the day after Die Hard 4 :dance:

I will let my cable company know that they lost me based on their decision to not show the Seahawks game on the NFLN this past fall. We get NFLN but they blacked out the games :wall:

Isn't this something to do with the blackout rule? NFLN is not a "pay channel" (like NFL Sunday Ticket). I know they have no power over it, but not exactally the cable company's fault. But either way.......

:cheers::cheers::cheers: Congrats on getting the Seahawks games!!!! :salut::salut::salut: Now I just have to win the lottery so I can afford here in So Cal.

Seahawcla

Prospect
No they chose not to carry it because "they dont want to pass the cost onto consumers". Blackout only takes effect if the game isnt sold out, something the Hawks dont have to worry about.

I told them through email after this, that I dont want the cost of Lifetime passed on to me then. NFL games would blow out of the water any other show on cable at the same time.

Living on the other side of the state we were out of the allowable range for local coverage as well.

So my cable provider chose to not pay. Now my money goes elsewhere :lollol:

scrappy

Bench Warmer
i didn't realize that certain areas blacked out the games, we get NFL Network with our basic cable and honestly, if we didn't get it i'd go nuts cause there is nothing on at 4 in the morning unless you want to watch the Today show live