Homer Bailey to make major league debut

Brad

Bench Warmer
This Friday! Saw it on the bottom line. The Reds future is now and it should be bright :cool: Just adding these scans in since I cannot afford any other ones of him.
hbaileyauto2.jpg

hbaileyauto.jpg

:clap:

The Reds need help in a bad way. They wanted to take their time with Homey, but, the fans are getting restless with others such as Loshe and Saarloos getting tossed out there to give up boatloads of runs instead of seeing what Mr. Simpson - Bailey can do.

Hope he does well, I would love to see what his RC's are going to do. Always interesting with guys that are already crazy high priced like him. How much more does he have to go up?:pop:

Well he got the W in his first career start. The future is bright :cool:
Definitely, but 114 pitches in 5 innings is something to be concerned about. Not really the pitches, as it was his first start and I'm sure he's a bit nervous, but the fact that Jerry Narron let him throw that many pitches is something to watch.

Remember Prior and Wood? Let's hope a guy who's likely on his way out doesn't ruin this kid's career.

Definitely, but 114 pitches in 5 innings is something to be concerned about. Not really the pitches, as it was his first start and I'm sure he's a bit nervous, but the fact that Jerry Narron let him throw that many pitches is something to watch.

Remember Prior and Wood? Let's hope a guy who's likely on his way out doesn't ruin this kid's career.

I know, he has been on stirct pitch counts earlier in the minors and will keep an eye on that. However, their main goal was letting him go 5 innnings. I think most of it was jitters, but the Reds can use him if he can be a strong pitcher for the team so that the bullpen does not have to go in as much to just blow the game.

Back