Football Holmes Traded to the Jets for a 5th round pick!

HiEnd said:
Steelers grew tired of his act,not to mention he more than likely is going to be suspended 4 games

Does not matter, A 5th round for your best receiver is laughable. I guess 2 sexual assualt accusatiion that is ok lol. What exactly did he do again? Never suspended by the league. May miss a couple games this year. I have to see it to beleive it. A guy confessed in the less 1/4" abrasion case(not even broken skin). My daughters get worse in cheerleading and field hockey anyways of it was him. They could have gottten compentsatory draft picks if they let him walk. Probably an extra 3rd and 4th.

wheeler281 said:
Does not matter, A 5th round for your best receiver is laughable. I guess 2 sexual assualt accusatiion that is ok lol. What exactly did he do again? Never suspended by the league. May miss a couple games this year. I have to see it to beleive it. A guy confessed in the less 1/4" abrasion case(not even broken skin). My daughters get worse in cheerleading and field hockey anyways of it was him. They could have gottten compentsatory draft picks if they let him walk. Probably an extra 3rd and 4th.

The sexual assault claims are 10x worse,but when it comes to down to getting rid of one headache,they're going to keep Ben 10 outta 10 times. Don't forget that Randy Moss and Boldin were not traded for that much more pick wise,so a 5th isn't that shocking

"Multiple sources have advised us that receiver Santonio Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the league's substance-abuse policy. It's presently unknown whether Holmes tested positive for a prohibited substance or committed some other violation of the policy, such as missing a required test. It's our current understanding that the internal NFL appeals process has not been finalized.

Under the substance-abuse policy, a four-game suspension comes after multiple violations. The fact that Holmes, the MVP of Super Bowl XLIII, is facing a four-game suspension means that Holmes previously has paid a fine in the amount of three seventeenths of his base salary (i.e., three game checks)."

I wonder if Santonio Holmes shoots himself in his leg now. You know, follow the footsteps of Plaxico? I mean he is in New York now after Steelers didn't want that superbowl hero.

Something tells me there's room for only 1 screwup on a team but Edwards and Holmes together can be a ticking timebomb. I'm sure Jets fans wouldn't mind him shooting himself after they win a super bowl.

mwolfson22 said:
That's fine.... Still worth more then a 5th round pick.... best guess is big ben is suspended as well.[/QUOTE

Big Ben might get two games max depends on how the talk with goodell goes.

Back