Hey Guys

BillionaireBen

Bench Warmer
My name is Ben I'm from Brooklyn New York Nad I have been collecting baseball and basketball cards since I was a child. Unfortunately I lets a lot of my collections in storage to long and they ended up being auctioned off. I still have a small portion of my collection now I'm trying to develop a new one. If you guys have any suggestion as far as card collecting I am definitely open to them.

Hi Ben
I'm going to have a moment of silence for your lost collection

Advice-- get out now jk , your wallet will thank you
Real advice -- just have fun collecting , focus on a team(s)or player(s) you like
Advanced advice-- do some research into products you might be interested in ... Internet, YouTube , Beckett , forums , price comparisons

Any further questions feel free to ask ( tho I'm not the active person on the site , but the other guys on here might answer too cause the guys I've delt with on here are pretty awesome )

Advice-- get out now jk , your wallet will thank you

lol.. one of the best comments ever!

Honestly, that's not bad advice if you are a NASCAR collector (such as I).

A 1909 Tobacco card will only go up in value, while a current "no name" driver, who is gone after two years, well... the driver's cards will never get above "a dime a dozen".

Look at Dale Earnhardt Sr cards. After his death I wouldn't touch his cards due to the way the market was going up and down. Now the prices on his cards are so low that you can even pick up autographs for next to nothing, compared to what they sold for 10 years ago.

Now with all that said, I agree 100% with moosider2 as far as "just have fun collecting". I'm not in the hobby for the money (although I do sports card shows and make a decent amount of money, but usually spend more at the shows than I make).

And break a box or two... nothing more exciting that breaking a box of sports cards and finding that one card (even if it's a base card) that everyone in the world is looking for!

...and last, but not least, post up your wants in the forums! Let the members here help you get some of those cards you had in the past that you want again!

Hi Ben,
I feel sorry for your lose, I bet those card of your childhood means more to you than its cost. and I think a lot of those cards were unique and hard to find.

well, I wish you good luck with your new collection. I also collect Cards but when buying a rare one, I need to keep a secret to my wife haha.

Hi Ben. I am so sorry for your lost. I know it can be really devastating when you lose something very valuable to you but hang in there. I am not really a big collector myself so I can not give any solid advice when it comes to card collecting. I will just wish you good luck on your new collection and I hope it work out for you in the end. Good luck man!

Back