Griffey Collection Stolen - not mine...

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
well not this time, i did have probably 4000 stolen when i was in the navy, pretty sure my cousin did it...some other things came up missing from the house, but im shocked at this article...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...ll-card-collection-stolen-193847842--mlb.html

for those that dont want to read, heres a recap

headline calls it "Extensive Collection"

stolen were 'some 500 cards worth about $1200'

Fevurly is active on Twitter and Facebook and said he's "not naive" to the possibility that his activity on social media might have alerted the thieves that he wasn't home.

hoping they will turn up at local hobby or pawn shop, and friends are checking ebay...

alright, i wouldnt consider my collection 'extensive' since there are what 40,000 or so different griffeys?...sure i have around 9000 or so currently, and BV may very well be $15,000, but ebay value, maybe $1200...hell, if someone puts up an offer to buy Griffeys for $0.08 per, people will jump all over it...i know i bought over 1000 for $0.07 each a few years ago...not all base either, had inserts from the mid 90s...

and there is no way if you had 500 cards worth $1200 you are going to know it was your 1992 Topps Gold on ebay...or your 1989 Upper Deck RC...if he has serial numbered stuff, sure, but likely if they were its not documented...

I though the same thing. $1,200 worth of Griffey cards is nothing. Probably a bunch of crap you could pick up in a $25 lot.

dont think you could get them that cheap...like i said when i was buying for $0.08 and $0.10 i was getting a ton of inserts, those old UD from the mid 90s Triple Crown, Prime 9, Home RUn Heroes type stuff...one of my favorite cards is the 1990 Topps...

im guessing he had a variety of RCs, but you can get Topps Traded, Score Traded, Donruss, Fleer for about $1 each, but yeah, 1991 Topps are hard to give away...

Back