Hockey Gretzky RC?? Help me out Hockey Guys!

bjtheman1

Bench Warmer
I don't know crap about hockey, but I'm looking for a Gretzky & Mario RCS.
I see 2 for Gretzky..79 Opchee & topps?? What's the difference? Any, just different sets even though they look alike?

thanks for any help

:eek:

OPC is the canadian version ofTopps, no real difference except the price! Same thing goes for OPC & Topps Baseball.

With baseball it is usually easier to tell the difference, as the OPC ALWAYS have a rough cut along 1 edge.

BHELSER1981 said:
OPC is the canadian version ofTopps, no real difference except the price! Same thing goes for OPC & Topps Baseball.

With baseball it is usually easier to tell the difference, as the OPC ALWAYS have a rough cut along 1 edge.

What's the price difference bewteen OPC & Topps Gretzky RCS?

bjtheman1 said:
What's the price difference bewteen OPC & Topps Gretzky RCS?

If you are looking to buy one of these cards I would strongly suggest that you buy a graded version.There is a ton of counterfiet around.The OPC version is a lot more money because of the production amount and also the condition from the factory.OPC is a lot harder to find in nice shape.Also if you are buying OPC there was two print runs.The first print run has two very faint blue lines that run along the back through the skate.Good luck with your search.

thanks guys for the help

I actually may pickup something else, a Gretzky Kings Auto'd Jersey Framed with Upper Deck COA. I'll know by this weekend :D

The biggest difference between Topps and OPC for those years is there are WAY more Topps cards produced, which is why the prices are so different. In other words OPC cards are rarer!

I also think that O-Pee-Chee cards are made out of a better cardboard. The colors on the back are more vivid where with Topps it looks like they were blasted with sandpaper.

That's always been the big difference to me anyways.

Back