Great. Now there is a "tell all" book by Tiki where he bashes Coughlin and the team.

GiantFan

Bench Warmer
What a sham this guy is.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2007/09/tiki_bashes_coughlin_again_in.html

A couple of quotes for those who don't want to read it.

"If Tom Coughlin had not remained as head coach of the Giants, I might still be in a Giants uniform," Barber wrote in his upcoming book "Tiki: My Life in the Game and Beyond," excerpts of which were obtained by the Daily News.

"[Coughlin] robbed me of what had been one of the most important things I had in my life, which was the joy I felt playing football," Barber wrote. "I had lost that. He had taken it away."

"It's a double-edged sword, because as much as Coach Coughlin helped me, I also helped Tom Coughlin," he wrote. Barber says he believes the Giants' win over the Redskins in 2006 - which put them into the playoffs - allowed Coach Coughlin to keep his job.

He also slams the Giants for underpaying him, claiming he made about half of what some of the NFL's other top running backs made.

Barber says Big Blue shorted him about $10 million over his career.

He said the Giants should have won more championships over the years, but failed to do so because they have never been too smart about attracting and retaining high-caliber players or coaches.

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Tiki > The Giants

It's no secret that half the team hates Coughlin, so why hide it?

It's hard to shake the rumors I guess but every report coming out of the Giants locker room is that Coughlin has changed for the better and was asked to change by the owners. The players all have said things have been much better the past two seasons and not many of the players seem to have a problem with him.

Tiki is a sham. Giants didn't pay him like a top RB because he WASN'T until Coughlin came in and made him into a top RB and then he retired.

The only thing I agree with him on is that the Giants let too many assistants go that have become very good coaches elsewhere.

Tiki is a sham. Giants didn't pay him like a top RB because he WASN'T until Coughlin came in and made him into a top RB and then he retired.
It doesn't matter when he became a top RB. They should have paid him like one. The Giants are cheap. All Coughlin did was give him the ball more. He has always run for a pretty high average. The only thing that improved was he fumbled a lot less under Coughlin, but I sure that was all Coughlin's doing. It seems to me like the Giants and their fans are mad because Tiki went and got his money somewhere else.

It doesn't matter when he became a top RB. They should have paid him like one. The Giants are cheap. All Coughlin did was give him the ball more. He has always run for a pretty high average. The only thing that improved was he fumbled a lot less under Coughlin, but I sure that was all Coughlin's doing. It seems to me like the Giants and their fans are mad because Tiki went and got his money somewhere else.

I really don't care about the money. The Giants have spent plenty of money on these players and have been very fair to them renogotiating contracts before they are up to give them more money. I don't even have a problem with Tiki retiring. My problem is he did it with very little class and continues to have no class after leaving the game.

Also, please take a look at the increase in stats once Coughlin showed up.

I really don't care about the money. The Giants have spent plenty of money on these players and have been very fair to them renogotiating contracts before they are up to give them more money. I don't even have a problem with Tiki retiring. My problem is he did it with very little class and continues to have no class after leaving the game.

Also, please take a look at the increase in stats once Coughlin showed up.
Look at the increase in carries when Coughlin showed up. Increase in carries usually means more yards, especially late in the game when your team is actually winning and you are running out the clock (defenses are tired then).

When the Giants renegotiate are they really giving them more money? Or are they just renegotiating a back loaded contract that can be put into a signing bonus that is spread out over the length of the contract (another back loaded contract)? Thats what most teams are doing.

Look at the increase in carries when Coughlin showed up. Increase in carries usually means more yards, especially late in the game when your team is actually winning and you are running out the clock (defenses are tired then).

When the Giants renegotiate are they really giving them more money? Or are they just renegotiating a back loaded contract that can be put into a signing bonus that is spread out over the length of the contract (another back loaded contract)? Thats what most teams are doing.

Agreed that they back load but give them a bigger bonus and a higher salary so they are more willing to renegotiate. When a player deserves more money the Giants give it to them. It's rare that you see them lose one of their big players because they are unwilling to pay them. What they don't do is spend big in free agency. Plax? Collins? Pierce? Maybe those three are the biggest money free agents they've gotten recently.

Toomer, Tiki, Strahan and others all stayed with the Giants because they PAID them. I don't know where this cheap comment came from before. The only guys they let walk are the guys who are late in their career and start to suck, like Jessie Armstead. Can you name me some big name players that have left the Giants cause they are too cheap to pay them?

Agreed that they back load but give them a bigger bonus and a higher salary so they are more willing to renegotiate. When a player deserves more money the Giants give it to them. It's rare that you see them lose one of their big players because they are unwilling to pay them. What they don't do is spend big in free agency. Plax? Collins? Pierce? Maybe those three are the biggest money free agents they've gotten recently.

Toomer, Tiki, Strahan and others all stayed with the Giants because they PAID them. I don't know where this cheap comment came from before. The only guys they let walk are the guys who are late in their career and start to suck, like Jessie Armstead. Can you name me some big name players that have left the Giants cause they are too cheap to pay them?
I was just saying they were cheap because you said they didn't pay Tiki like a top RB. :doh:

I was just saying they were cheap because you said they didn't pay Tiki like a top RB. :doh:

i see what you mean but its commonplace for a running back to play several good years before getting the big contract that they deserve
even larry johnson had to hold out, tiki put in some real good years then left, as far as i know he didnt ask for more, he just walked away from his team in the most classless way i have ever seen
i lose more respect for him every time he opens his mouth

i see what you mean but its commonplace for a running back to play several good years before getting the big contract that they deserve
even larry johnson had to hold out, tiki put in some real good years then left, as far as i know he didnt ask for more, he just walked away from his team in the most classless way i have ever seen
i lose more respect for him every time he opens his mouth
I'm positive there is more to the story that isn't being said. Tiki and Coughlin didn't get along. If you didn't like your coach would you stay and play for him (while tearing up your body to where you would never walk right again) or go be on TV and make the same amount of money you were making? I would leave the game. Barry Sanders did it and other have too. I think it is a very smart move by them. Look at Earl Campbell, the guy can barely walk now.

I'm positive there is more to the story that isn't being said. Tiki and Coughlin didn't get along. If you didn't like your coach would you stay and play for him (while tearing up your body to where you would never walk right again) or go be on TV and make the same amount of money you were making? I would leave the game. Barry Sanders did it and other have too. I think it is a very smart move by them. Look at Earl Campbell, the guy can barely walk now.

leaving is fine with me, i completely agree that its best for you but he announced it in the middle of a very hopeful season in order to draw attention to himself and has done nothing since then to show that he is anything but a media whore primma donna
barry sanders left after the season just like every other decent player in the history of the nfl

leaving is fine with me, i completely agree that its best for you but he announced it in the middle of a very hopeful season in order to draw attention to himself and has done nothing since then to show that he is anything but a media whore primma donna
barry sanders left after the season just like every other decent player in the history of the nfl
What does it matter when he says he is leaving? If he announces it in the middle of the season he is an attention whore, if he does it too late he screwed the team over and didn't give them enough time to look for a new RB.

What does it matter when he says he is leaving? If he announces it in the middle of the season he is an attention whore, if he does it too late he screwed the team over and didn't give them enough time to look for a new RB.

Wrong. It' either done before the season, "This will be my last season." or after the season, "It's been great but I'm done."

Doing it during the season was a huge distration for the team and many of them have stated that it was a distraction. It was definitely a self-centered move because he wanted to create a media buzz for his new career.

I don't question him leaving at all, it's the way he did it and the way he is acting now that is a disgrace and something for him to be ashamed of.

Shutting down my computer and leaving now. Talk to you all later.

Wrong. It' either done before the season, "This will be my last season." or after the season, "It's been great but I'm done."

Doing it during the season was a huge distration for the team and many of them have stated that it was a distraction. It was definitely a self-centered move because he wanted to create a media buzz for his new career.

I don't question him leaving at all, it's the way he did it and the way he is acting now that is a disgrace and something for him to be ashamed of.

Shutting down my computer and leaving now. Talk to you all later.
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Back