Got Blasted on a Blaster ... and a few old packs

CommodoreCountry

Bench Warmer
So, I convinced the wife to let me dip a toe back into the world of card collecting after about a 3-4 year hiatus. I have been missing it terribly, so I found the address for my local card shop here in Wilmington, NC and went there yesterday ...

BUT IT WAS CLOSED! All week evidently... well, I was itchin' bad to open some cards, so I blew $20 on a blaster of Panini Prestige...

Here's what I got for my $20:

A.J. Jenkins RC (49ers)
Kirk Cousins RC (Redskins - wrong QB here...)
Brian Quick RC (Rams)
Dan Herron RC (Bengals)
Melvin Ingram RC (Chargers)
Marc Tyler RC (Packers)
Courtney Upshaw RC (Ravens)
Bernard Pierce RC (Ravens)
George Iloka Extra Points Gold Parallel RC (Bengals)

I also got a couple non-numbered inserts of various 3-6th rounders...

On a better note, I was digging around my card box and found some bags of packs I had ripped years ago but never sorted through... they were from 2005 football and baseball...

Neat finds were:

Topps Albert Pujols All-Star Game Used Jersey
2004 Absolute Dan Haren Spectrum Auto /200
2005 Topps Update Matt Kemp RC
2005 Topps Update Ryan Braun RC
2005 Topps Update Matt Garza RC

I also had about 10 packs of 2005 Topps Heritage Football and got myself super pumped up to maybe find an Aaron Rodgers RC or something...

I got the #1 pick from that year - Alex Smith - instead. :(

I'm sure in 2005 I was pumped at that pull. However, sometimes it is cool to go back and rummage and see what diamonds have emerged from cards I had assumed were all crap.

cool still fun to open old packs . Also the blasters don't help to ease the crave only makes it worse lol.

:think: why am i thinking you were in the military...maybe that was a different tennessee guy...ive got a few friends out in NC

Back