Got a hockey question

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
How can there be a hook and a dive penalty called at the same time? If they call a hook, wouldn't that imply there was a penalty causing the dude to fall? And if they call a dive, wouldn't that imply that there was no penalty and the dude was faking it? Or am I using some kind of bizarre redneck hockey logic :scratch:

the player that was hooked, embellished the hooking...and dove to try to get a penalty...so both penalties are called, and in the NHL they skate 4 on 4, but in the USHL(league here) they would just be minors, and skate the 5 on 5

5 on 5 for that??? it takes a lot to get a diving penalty, i mean you have to litterally throw yourself onto the ice. some guys up here will feel a tap of a stick on their leg and fall over.

5 on 5 for that??? it takes a lot to get a diving penalty, i mean you have to litterally throw yourself onto the ice. some guys up here will feel a tap of a stick on their leg and fall over.

Was watching the Preds last night....a player stuck his stick under another guys arm, twisted/yanked, and for whatever reason, the fella being dragged down couldn't keep his balance so the hooking was called (the result was a Preds goal during the 4 on 4). But if a guy is REALLY embellishing it, wouldn't it imply that there wasn't a hooking (or at least, not enough of one to warrant a penalty)?

no you can hook without taking the guy down

the thing that hurts is when you get hooked in the mid section because the taklas (pants) only comeup so high and your shoulder pads only come down so far, so there is a place about the size of a puck that has no padding, and if you hook someone that's where you aim cause the blade of your stick lands right at the bottom of their sternum and it freaking HURTS.

hooking is above the knees and below the knees is usually tripping. if you just slow the guy down, it's hooking

Back