The Gone But Not Forgotten Thread

Len Goodman, professional dancer and judge from Dancing with the Stars passed away on 4.22.23 from cancer. He was 78, and from his photo (center) was always smiling!

230424101454-03-len-goodman-file-dwts-2016.jpg

There's a Facebook page dedicated to Mad Magazine and the Jaffe humor!
Enjoy! Bob
Really?? How cool! I knew his name, I suppose anyone who is in the business for that long eventually becomes well known!

Al Jaffee, a cartoonist who worked for MAD Magazine for some 65 years passed away at 102! He had retired at age 99 in 2020, and while I have never read an issue of MAD, I gotta respect a man who loved his craft so much!

View attachment 11370
There's a Facebook page dedicated to Mad Magazine

Jerry Springer passed away today. He's probably trying to get God and Satan on his holy TV show.

Today is a sad day for our beloved Cardinal Nation. Mine Shannon passed away at age 83.
images.jpeg
GettyImages-515539452.jpg

Attachments

• GettyImages-515539452.jpg
    GettyImages-515539452.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Gordon Lightfoot was a songwriting genius. I grew up with neighbors who had relatives on the Edmund Fitzgerald. He shed light on a dangerous and difficult occupation with his memorable song "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald."

Petr Klima, the first Czech player ever to defect to America for the purpose of playing in the NHL, began his American career in 1985, retiring at home in his native Czech Republic in 2003, passed at age 58.
petr-klima-detroit-red-wings.jpg

This is a fascinating article about how the Red Wings went to unbelievable lengths to get him out of Soviet controlled Eastern Europe in 1985!

I had also missed this in the news, but Jean Faut, considered to be one of the best pitchers in AAGPBL history, passed away on 2.28.2023 at age 98! She was a wonderful lady, and a great autograph signer too. She always seemed humbled by the attention she received from her time in the League, and she was a great!

08Faut1-bmjc-superJumbo.jpg

FautJean-1952-poster.jpg

Going 20-2 in 1952.....I'd say a slightly above average record, wouldnt you??

Back