The Gone But Not Forgotten Thread

36888F78-6BD0-4859-B1E6-8FB5A2D07C31.jpeg
Hockey Hall of Famer Bobby Hull passed away today. He won the Cup with the Blackhawks and had a long productive career. Pictured here with another Original 6 great at a game, he was a great ambassador for the NHL, not to mention giving us a pretty prolific goal scorer in his son Brett.

Rest in Peace Bobby Hull, a true great of the game and class act! Brought a ton of attention to the early days of the NHL!

Raquel Welch also passed yesterday, and while I don't think I ever saw one of her movies, I know she was a very popular actress in the 60s and 70s! So popular in fact, that she dated one of the most popular QB's of the 70s as well! Broadway Joe!

gettyimages-110183697-612x612.jpg

Last edited:
No idea how I missed this, one of the most popular composers of the 60s and 70s, Burt Bacharach, passed on 2.8.23. He composed popular songs, and more movie scores than anyone could ever count I think!
gettyimages-74253109-9508c9dc552532a9817ef678e4b34e92719dd903-s1100-c50.jpg

And about one week after Burt passed, Chuck Jackson, his longtime collaborator and friend who sang so many of Burt's songs also passed at age 85.

Lumii_20230409_090025093.jpg

Last edited:
Jansen Panetierre, actor and brother of Hayden (Coach Yost's daughter in Remember the Titans) tragically passed yesterday at 28 years old.
63f41b1cb9af2.image.jpg

Fred Miller #76, a Super Bowl champion from the Baltimore Colts, passed away Sunday at age 82.
Fp_njSNWYAE04e7.png

Tom Sizemore, a talented character actor and unforgettable cast member of Saving Private Ryan passed today at the young age of 61.

tom-sizemore-saving-private-ryan.jpg

Some recent passings I missed. On March 9th, the actor Robert Blake passed away at 89,
images.jpeg

And on March 5th, Gary Rossington, the last original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd passed at 71.

gary-rossington.jpg

And a favorite of mine, Chaim Topol, who played the role of Tevye, the lovable protagonist of Fiddler on the Roof passed at 87 on March 8th. Chaim played Tevye in over 3,500 performances on Broadway and stages all over the world. He had a tremendously rich signing voice,

He was a wonderful humanitarian as well, founding a camp on the banks of the Jordan River for critically ill Arab and Jewish children from his native Israel and neighboring Palestine to spend time in many outdoor activities.

fea_28fiddler1_08-28-2009_UFGRJ94.jpg

In his native language, one would say "alav ha-shalom" or Peace be upon him.

And a favorite of mine, Chaim Topol, who played the role of Tevye, the lovable protagonist of Fiddler on the Roof passed at 87 on March 8th. Chaim played Tevye in over 3,500 performances on Broadway and stages all over the world. He had a tremendously rich signing voice,

He was a wonderful humanitarian as well, founding a camp on the banks of the Jordan River for critically ill Arab and Jewish children from his native Israel and neighboring Palestine to spend time in many outdoor activities.

View attachment 10922

In his native language, one would say "alav ha-shalom" or Peace be upon him.
Fiddler was the first movie I got to attend as a kid. I was amazed at Topol's singing voice and the strength of his character.

Fiddler was the first movie I got to attend as a kid. I was amazed at Topol's singing voice and the strength of his character.
That is an awesome memory, David! I really love the movie and play, have always enjoyed Topol's performance!

Two recent passings, Nick Webber, composer, music producer, and son of Andrew Lloyd Webber passed of cancer at age 44.
NYPICHPDPICT000008491583-1.jpg

Also very suddenly did Paul Grant, who played an Ewok in Return of the Jedi pass at age 56 as well. He also played in the Ron Howard movie Willow.

NYPICHPDPICT000008536564.jpgNYPICHPDPICT000008536604.jpg

Back