Gone But Not Forgotten 2022

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Transactions: 5
Queen Elizabeth II passed away today at age 96. RIP
And so the Monarchy continues, as her 73 year old son, formerly Prince Charles, Duke of Cornwall, now becomes King Charles III.

Evidently there are already talks of slimming down the number of Royal family members who are supported by the Windsor family; it will be an interesting era in Britain!

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Rest in peace to a 90s hip hop legend.....Coolio passed away at age 59 on Wednesday. Not sure why I feel like he was significant to my growing up years, but he somehow was (maybe the Chicago radio stations massively overplaying his music??)
72cf87a3d8a74f038fcc258b0b43bb2c.jpg

Last edited:

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Actress Angela Lansbury passed away today at the age of 96. RIP

I just read that Queen Elizabeth was just a few months younger than Angela Lansbury, here is a photo of them meeting:
Queen-Elizabeth-II-and-Angela-Lansbury.jpg

She was a fixture in our living room in the 80s....I watched Murder She Wrote all the time with my Grandparents growing up, Rest in Peace Ms. Lansbury.
angela-lansbury-murder-she-wrote.jpg

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Bruce Sutter passed away unexpectedly today, so sad to hear this, as he was a very nice man in real life, and a very dominant closer in the 80s!
11.jpg

This photo shows his index and middle finger extended, as his split finger fastball was his bread and butter pitch!

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
This is an awesome documentary about the Sandberg Game in 1984, which Bruce jokingly calls "The Sutter Game"!!

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Jules Bass passed away on the 25th at age 87. While not a household name, he and Arthur Rankin created many well known shows, but they will always be remembered for their two all-time Christmas classics!

We watch these both, and the debate rages while we decorate our tree each year in our home as to which is everyone's favorite, with votes changing each year....and each day usually!

grapler135s

Hall of Fame
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Jules Bass passed away on the 25th at age 87. While not a household name, he and Arthur Rankin created many well known shows, but they will always be remembered for their two all-time Christmas classics!

We watch these both, and the debate rages while we decorate our tree each year in our home as to which is everyone's favorite, with votes changing each year....and each day usually!
We watch those every year and love them as well…super special memories from my childhood and now also enjoying new memories being made watching and sharing those with my boys. Thanks for sharing!