Gone But Not Forgotten 2022

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
This is a popular thread on another forum I frequent so I thought we'd start one here too and since we lost a HOFer today, I figured it's just as good a day as any to start something like this.

Rayfield Wright's family confirmed his passing today, following a several day stay in the hospital after a severe seizure. Wright, who was 76 years old, was diagnosed with dementia back in 2012 and has been battling seizures since he retired, presumably from taking shots to the head during his playing days. He was an offensive tackle for the Dallas Cowboys for 13 seasons, from 1967 to 1979, and was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2006. May he rest in peace...

grapler135s

Hall of Fame
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Great idea to add this thread.

Tommy Davis, former Los Angeles Dodger and two time batting champion passed away a few days ago on April 3rd. May he rest in peace.

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, Duane Haskins, passed away yesterday after being hit by a dump truck as he was walking down a highway in south Florida. Haskins was a former Ohio State standout and a former NFL first-round draft pick. He was only 24 years old. May he rest in peace...

katester44

Rookie
Transactions: 10
Arizona Cardinals cornerback Jeff Gladney passed away today at the age of 25. RIP

If this comment is unacceptable for the site, my apologies, and a mod can delete.

Gladney was released from his original team due physically abusing his girlfriend. He passed away due to wrecking a car at excessive speed with a BAC of .23 and also killed the female passenger in the car. I feel horrible for the passenger and am thankful no one else was injured.

grapler135s

Hall of Fame
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
If this comment is unacceptable for the site, my apologies, and a mod can delete.

Gladney was released from his original team due physically abusing his girlfriend. He passed away due to wrecking a car at excessive speed with a BAC of .23 and also killed the female passenger in the car. I feel horrible for the passenger and am thankful no one else was injured.
Thanks for the information Andy. I was not aware of those details. Totally agree with you!

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Transactions: 5
Really sad stuff, two young men and talented athletes pass within a day of each other. Such a shame.