Giants/Jets game thread.

Well, I would like to agree but I can't. I didn't like the idea of Jacobs being announced as the starter since the beginning. He didn't get through the first game without getting hurt, he fumbles today, he is a fine third down back, but I don't think he is an every down back. Especially since Ward has been lighting it up, he was tied for 3rd in the NFC in rushing coming into today and just broke through for a TD.

Jacobs was ten pounds heavier than Dayne when they drafted him and the reason they got rid of Dayne was because of his size, so then they go draft Jacobs which doesn't make any sense and I think that is why I don't care for him, because the Giants logic in that whole situation was BS.

Well, I would like to agree but I can't. I didn't like the idea of Jacobs being announced as the starter since the beginning. He didn't get through the first game without getting hurt, he fumbles today, he is a fine third down back, but I don't think he is an every down back. Especially since Ward has been lighting it up, he was tied for 3rd in the NFC in rushing coming into today and just broke through for a TD.

Jacobs was ten pounds heavier than Dayne when they drafted him and the reason they got rid of Dayne was because of his size, so then they go draft Jacobs which doesn't make any sense and I think that is why I don't care for him, because the Giants logic in that whole situation was BS.

Two different GMs and two different spots in the draft. Dayne taken high to be the every down back of the future and compliment Tiki at the time. Jacobs was taken in one of the second day rounds and strictly for short yardage. He ran so well in other situations and preseason and must've impressed in practice so they think he can be the every down back. What you are seeing here is what you will see the rest of the year. Shared carries. That last drive was great.

Eli is having a horrible game so far. Giants basically handed the Jets 10 points. They are never good when people think they are good.

Back