Giants draft pick Chad Jones in critical condition.

GiantFan

Bench Warmer
I hope he is OK. :pray:

Giants draft-pick Chad Jones in serious car accident »

By Sports Editor

Former LSU safety Chad Jones, who the Giants selected in the third round of April’s NFL Draft, was involved in a serious car accident in New Orleans around 6:15 Friday morning. He was listed between critical and stable condition, according to New Orleans EMS spokesman Jeb Tate.

Jones, 21, suffered a fractured leg and had arteries and nerves exposed, according to CBS affiliate WWL-TV. His father Alfred told a local radio station that he was alert when paramedics took him to a nearby hospital.

Jones signed a contract with the Giants on June 11 that was believed to be worth $2.6 milion over four years. His agent Rocky Arceneaux did not immediately return a phone call. The severity of the injuries is unknown.

Giants spokesperson Pat Hanlon said that the team was still gathering information as of late Friday morning.

LSU coach Les Miles acknowledged the accident on his Twitter account saying, “Just got news about Chad Jones’ car accident. We are praying for Chad and his family. Keep him in your prayers.”

Jones, a two-sport star who won national championships in baseball and football, finished his LSU career with 158 total tackles, including two sacks and five interceptions. He was also a relief pitcher on the baseball team’s 2009 College World Series win.

Jones chose football over a Major League Baseball pursuit. The Houston Astros picked him in the 13th-round of the Major League Baseball draft in 2007 and in the 50th-round of the 2010 MLB draft.

The Giants previously dealt with a motorcycle scare when defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka and his brother Benedict were riding their bikes in Indianapolis earlier in the month. Kiwanuka was uninjured, but his brother was listed in critical condition. He is now expected to make a full recovery.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2010/06/giants-draft-pick-chad-jones-i.html#ixzz0rtBk83uK

I heard that the surgery went well and he is expected to keep both his legs.

This absolutely fucking sucks, feel awful for the guy...... hoping for a speedy recovery for him.

I heard that the surgery went well and he is expected to keep both his legs.

This absolutely fucking sucks, feel awful for the guy...... hoping for a speedy recovery for him.

this is good news. I hope he gets to keep his legs.

Lonnie,

I never met him. He was far and away my favorite Tiger for since Hester graduated.

Back