Fundraiser with the Colts

swany

Bench Warmer
My wife sits on a committee for an event hosted by Colts' punter Hunter Smith called Tackling Homelessness. On Sunday we had the dinner and silent/live auction. Last year, I spent way too much on a football autographed by all the Colts' players in attendance. The biggest names on the ball were Dallas Clark and Corey Simon. The money went to a good cause so all is good. :D The goal this year was to get Adam Viniateri to sign in since he left early last year, but no dice. I did get Jeff Saturday and Anthony Gonzalez to sign though. Two good additions.

Below are some pictures of the event. First one is my wife and I with Hunter. He is one hell of a guy. He plays in a band called Connersvine with the son of a guy I know. Great stuff. First CD goes on sale in September.

The highlight was Rocky Boiman. During the silent auction, Hunter will auction off some of the players in attendance. For $500 someone won a phone call from Dallas Clark to a person of their choice, someone won Ben Utech singing a song, and some other fun stuff. Rocky's auction was for him to play the drums for one song. He selected Sweet Home Alabama, and the place was going nuts. Fun stuff.

It is amazing how much the prices go up after a measly Super Bowl win. :D An autographed Peyton jersey went for at least $2500. A friend of ours runs Peyton's foundation, and they had their big bowling fundraiser last week, and for $19,000, a group of people won a picture with Peyton, coach Dungy, the Lombardi Trophy, and it will be signed by them. Amazing stuff.

CLICK HERE for pics.

Yeah, apparently golic won an autographed peyton jersey as part of his appearing in the bowling tournament, wanted to list it on ebay but tons of people gave him what for, lol.

Yeah, apparently golic won an autographed peyton jersey as part of his appearing in the bowling tournament, wanted to list it on ebay but tons of people gave him what for, lol.

My wife worked the registration table for that event and talked to him for a few minutes. Ask him why the heck haven't you been on the radio lately. :D

Great pics! Looks like fun.

One question, aren't the homeless already down on their luck? Do they really need to be tackled by NFL players? ;);)

OK, sorry, bad joke.

Great pics! Looks like fun.

One question, aren't the homeless already down on their luck? Do they really need to be tackled by NFL players? ;);)

OK, sorry, bad joke.

Dude...it is Tackling Homelessness (the problem/issue) not Tackling Homeless People (human beings) :D :D

Back