Status
Not open for further replies.

kclj520

If He Can Hold The World, He Can Hold This Moment
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Hello friends,

Our children go to our church school, and we have about 350 children, Pre-k through 8th grade. Every March, there is an event at the gym called St. Baldrick's, in support of childhood cancer research, in which children from the school fundraise in advance and then get their heads shaved in support of those who are ill.

My 9 year old son Jeremiah is in his 4th year getting his head shaved, and has set his goal at $550 this year, which will push him over $2000 raised since he started participating his Kindergarten year. His principal is a fantastic man, and his little 1 year old granddaughter recently had an operation to remove a cancerous brain tumor. Jeremiah is doing the event in her honor this year, which makes him even more my hero! He is now about $75 short of his goal, and I dont expect to get that for this photo, but anything to help him move closer to his goal would be awesome!

So, I am putting my most special 8x10 from my PC on the block, signed and multi inscribed by Bobby Richardson. Some of you know that because of Bobby's ministry and words at Mickey Mantle's funeral, I had my own conversion moment and received Jesus, and Bobby and I have corresponded multiple times since, his letters so special to me.

20230215_191040_HDR.jpg
I made this photo, and this is 1 of 2, Bobby has the other at his home in South Carolina!

Make me an offer!

Blessings,

Kevin

Last edited:
The inscriptions read:
8x All Star
5x G.G.
3x W. S. champs
60 W.S. MVP

Make me an offer, for a great cause!

Yesterday my Kindergarten son Micah came home and told us that he too is going to get his head shaved at the event, following in his older brother's footsteps! Tremendously proud of both boys!

Make me an offer, I'm gonna take it!

Hey Kevin,

This is really cool!!! I’ll put a $25 offer in for this. And please feel free to wait as long as you’d like to see if anybody else would like to outbid me for this awesome item. Thanks!

All the best,
Mike

ok i am going to add something to this pot if the " bidding " gets up to $40

a unopened fat pack of 2022 topps heritage ( take a WILD guess who is the top card of the pack )

i will give a hint

a rays rookie everyone was hyping up

so here is a chance to own a unopened pack with him on top .... if he pans out imagine what it sealed could be worth in 5 10 or even 15 years from now

i know there has to be some other people in here who want to " add " something lets get this up and above the $75 that Jeremiah needs to get to his goal of $550 ... I CHALLENGE ALL MEMBERS TO ADD EITHER $$ OR SOMETHING TO HELP BOOST THE GOAL

all i can is is ..... )(*&^@* CANCER ( please dont fuss at me for my language i did use symbols instead of what my mouth actually said )

You guys are awesome! If we are adding items, I will add an item today as well! Let me get home and take a photo!!

Here's another item I will throw in if we can get that $40 bid! Dwier Brown played Kevin Costner's father in Field of Dreams, and I think that may be most people's favorite baseball movie! Its mine for sure!!

20230219_112903.jpg

@grapler135s thanks for starting us off! @mcgwirenut thanks for adding the 2022 Heritage cards!

Last edited:
I am SO EXCITED to report, as of today, Jeremiah has raised over his $550 thanks to everyone's generosity on here! My 6 year old son Micah is also getting his head shaved, and has so far raised over his goal of $100 as well! None of this would have been possible without all of you! Special thanks to @AndyDrummond @grapler135s @mcgwirenut @bfd13 as well!!

Bravo to the selflessness of the fine young men you are raising!
@bfd13

Dave,

I thank you for the compliment, my friend! They are great children, they make me better every day!

Blessings,

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back