Fishy 2nd chance offer

Krusin

retired hippie
I put in a last second snipe bid on this auction - http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=270514001874

(I'm the 1551 fb bidder) & got outbid by a 2147 feedback bidder. I should of gotten the card for under $10 but put in a high bid to insure I could knock it off my wanted list. I find it hard to belive that a 2147 fb bidder would not pay so I really belive it was a shil bidder.

I've beed offered the card at my max bid $17.55, thats BS, the non paying bid should be thrown out & offer should be .50 cents over the other highest bid. The non paying bid should have absolutely NO effect on the price.

I sent the guy the following, waiting on a response.

Am I wrong here?

Hi,

I've been sent a 2nd chance offer on this card. Did your bidder with 2147 feedback not pay? I'll offer .50 cents over what the other highest bidder was, the one with feedback of 401 & bid $6.54. I won't offer the $17.55 the offer stated as that bid should be thrown out. It's also kind of fishy that someone with feedback that high wouldn't pay what he bid. Let me know if you want to sell @ $7.04 which is .50 cents (normal bid increase) over what the 401 feedback bidder was.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a quick reply, not sure I'm buying it. -

He did pay. I just have another one and will be listing it tomorrow if you do not want it for your previous bid amount. Thanks, Kendall

- kendall440

If the guy did pay how was he able to send a 2nd chance offer?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna let it slide, already added the guy to my blocked bidders list just in case.

Proably wasn't a post worthy subject, just the 1st thing that's happened in a while & kind of took me the wrong way when I got the offer.

You can do that. I lost a card I was buying for Fudge in the college group and he second chanced one for me like that with a different serial number.

first thing i thought was the dude had 2 and was shocked at how high the first one went and offered a second up...

You can 2nd chance an auction if you have duplicates, there is nothing wrong with that.

But your point is valid that it should be the next bid amount over the 3rd bidder, not the price at which you were outbid by the winning bidder. If it wasn't for the winning bidder, you would have received it for a much cheaper price. Let the guy relist and bid again.

Back