Football First SB you Watched

OilMan

Bench Warmer
What was the first Super Bowl you remember watching and some of the highlites that stood out for you in that game?

Patriots/Bears in '85. I was 6 but still remember my grandparents frustration with the Pats...not tok many highlights from the highlight reel fir the pats but the fridge had a decent game. I thought it was cool a guy had fridge fir a nickname. Bills/giants stand out too. All I can say is Norwood kicked it wide...

The first SB i remember was the 1969 epic matchup between the Jets and Colts (Namath & Unitas), i had just turned 8 at the time. All i remembered without film was Namath's arm being extra special in that game and Unitas not being as good, but now realizing that Unitas was playing with a torn ligament in his throwing elbow (one tough son of a gun). Namath did not want to talk to the media after the game, because none them had given the Jets a chance and were predicting a Colts blowout.

SB13 for me. Pitt-Cowboys.

Grew up in a house that hated Dallas,and could stand the Steelers. Was 8 at the time and remember yelling at the TV everytime Dallas touched the ball

brpfan said:
Patriots/Bears in '85. I was 6 but still remember my grandparents frustration with the Pats...not tok many highlights from the highlight reel fir the pats but the fridge had a decent game. I thought it was cool a guy had fridge fir a nickname. Bills/giants stand out too. All I can say is Norwood kicked it wide...
That was my first superbowl Pats game also lol Steve grogan,Tony eason at QB Both stunk up the Joint was very funny to see the Bears roll with the Fridge perry as running back lol,Funny stuff Steve grogan still signing Autos at flea markets and stuff here lol.

XIX - 'Niners vs. Dolphins. I don't really remember anything much about the game (my entire family has always followed the Steelers, so we didn't pay much attention.) However, what I DO remember is that we were torn between whom to root for since the opposing QBs were both Western PA natives of Italian descent: Marino and Montana!

jonsportscardz said:
That was my first superbowl Pats game also lol Steve grogan,Tony eason at QB Both stunk up the Joint was very funny to see the Bears roll with the Fridge perry as running back lol,Funny stuff Steve grogan still signing Autos at flea markets and stuff here lol.
Grogan's still in ma.?lol,We have a place in dennisport and Jim plunkett makes quite a few appearances throughout the summer.

Super Bowl II: Packers and Raiders. I remember that I bet my dad a nickel that the Raiders would win. By halftime it was clear that they wouldn't, so I gave up and went out to play with my cousin. Dad let me keep my nickel.

jonsportscardz said:

That is mine as well, I can remember the Bears defense and Mcmahon. Super Bowl 24 is probably where I better understood the game and knew more players.

The first Superbowl that I recall was Giants/Broncos in 1986. I remember watching it over at my grandparents house and the entire family talking like Phil Simms was the most amazing athlete ever.
Now everyone in the family comes over to my house to watch the games, and everyone comments that Phil Simms is the worst announcer ever.

shamrock77s said:
The first Superbowl that I recall was Giants/Broncos in 1986. I remember watching it over at my grandparents house and the entire family talking like Phil Simms was the most amazing athlete ever.
Now everyone in the family comes over to my house to watch the games, and everyone comments that Phil Simms is the worst announcer ever.
Nice one..i always liked Simms as a player, but i have to agree with your family, he suckles as an announcer lol

OilMan said:
Nice one..i always liked Simms as a player, but i have to agree with your family, he suckles as an announcer lol

Simms doesn't bother me but he doesn't really bring any type of "spark" to games.

I'm Cowboys fan but I always like Simms as a QB and wouldn't mind seeing him in the HOF one day.

Back