Register or log in to remove this ad.

First Paycheck

Well, after playing football in high school for 4 years, and going away for college for the first quarter, i never really had time for a job (nor the desire for one). i just recently got one the week before memorial day and i just got my first paycheck last night. it was awesome to see the first number, which was around $519. i was really excited...but then as i started to read it more carefully, i realized that taxes are a b*tch.....:doh: and i was closing last night so i was a bit slow after a long night's work haha
haha i ended up with over $300 bucks, can't remember off the top of my head. but oh well...along with my tip money, its a lot of money haha. just thought i'd share :D

sliqwill

Veteran
meh, ive been unemployed for 17 months and 2 days now..i dont care...not really looking for work either...

my family was giving me crap about not getting a job this summer, but everyday someone has needed me to do something since i moved in with my mom...:ban:

Brad

Bench Warmer
You'll get all the money (minus social security and medicare) back. Just consider it an interest free loan to the government ;)

scotsman

Prospect
Welldone, but like others I lose 40% to tax, more to National Insurance, then the pension, then personal liability insurance - eventually after a page I believe there is somoe money left for the wife:cheers:

lumm0x

Rookie
My taxes are closer to 50% but in Canada we get free healthcare, etc, etc. It all balances out.

Congrats on the first pay cheque....now go buy some cards.

D

detox

I have to pay 40% in taxes for everything. I dont get bonuses.

The IRS owes me big time. PIST

I need more write offs:doh:

haha thanks everyone for the awesome posts! yeah, taxes suck...but eh, its all for the better i guess haha.

My taxes are closer to 50% but in Canada we get free healthcare, etc, etc. It all balances out.

Congrats on the first pay cheque....now go buy some cards.

thanks :D yeah i actually just paid for that finest auto'ed printing plate of Chang after i deposited the money and filled up my gas tank :LOL:
im probably almost done with card buying until my next paycheck.

scrappy

Bench Warmer
yeah I haven't been able to figure out why Uncle Sam gets paid before I do since I did all the work. the more you make the more he takes.

I'm still waiting on IRS to tell me what I get back on the EIC, not that they are in any hurry to pay me since they got my hopes up