First 'Guitar Hero 3' Info!

b70x7n

Bench Warmer
Just copied and pasted from an article:

Activision has rocked our world by officially announcing that Guitar Hero III will feature wireless guitars, an online multiplayer mode and original artists recordings when the game is released this Autumn.

Guitar Hero III will be available on PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii and will feature an abundance of new modes, including a multiplayer action-inspired battle mode, boss battles, unlockable content and authentic rock venues.

More importantly, wannabe rock gods can get their fingers in a twist with the all-new wireless guitar controllers, with the Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3 getting the Gibson Les Paul and PS2 the proud recipient of a Gibson Kramer. What's more, the guitars will have removable faceplates that allow fans to personalise their guitars, plus they'll include a new button colour design for "an even greater authentic feel and rock experience".

In addition Guitar Hero III will include an expanded online multiplayer in which axe-shredders worldwide can compete in head-to-head battles to prove they're the ultimate rock legend. As for the tracks you'll be rocking along to, Activision has revealed that GHIII features more master recordings than ever before, with the first tracks announced as follows:

Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones

Cherub Rock - Smashing Pumpkins

Sabotage - Beastie Boys

The Metal - Tenacious D

My Name is Jonas - Weezer

Knights of Cydonia - Muse

Rock And Roll All Nite - Kiss

School's Out - Alice Cooper

Slow Ride - Fog Hat

Cult of Personality - Living Colour

Barracuda - Heart

b70x7n

Bench Warmer
I think they're done adding DLC for the 360 version. I heard the packs were outrageously priced, and people stopped buying them. All hearsay, though. Should be fun to rock out to the Beastie Boys and Weezer. Not to mention the fact that I can see "Cult of Personality" kicking my ass.

Sycotic

Prospect
I think they're done adding DLC for the 360 version. I heard the packs were outrageously priced, and people stopped buying them. All hearsay, though. Should be fun to rock out to the Beastie Boys and Weezer. Not to mention the fact that I can see "Cult of Personality" kicking my ass.

they were overpriced and the reason a lot of people didn't buy them was because it was the same crap from the first Guitar Hero. I still have my PS2, why the hell would I purchase the same songs again? I think a lot of people felt the same way.

b70x7n

Bench Warmer
they were overpriced and the reason a lot of people didn't buy them was because it was the same crap from the first Guitar Hero. I still have my PS2, why the hell would I purchase the same songs again? I think a lot of people felt the same way.

Not only that, but they were forcing you to buy songs you may not have wanted. They bundled some of the good songs with some of the less desireable ones.