Feminism Did It

oregonweim

Bench Warmer
We have this little publication (think only in CT, not sure if you all get it) called ReminderNews (www.remindernews.com). Anyway, they have a feature in each week called 'Speak Out'. Thought I'd share this gem with you, just so you see what kind of idiots I live near.....

FEMINISM DID IT
Religion has not ruined our world. Feminism has ruined our world. We are living in the generation where feminism was introduced. If moms stayed home and had husbands working, there would be fewer divorces, less crime, and just all around fewer problems. Moms wouldn’t be so busy, there would be dinner in the oven and not the microwave. There would always be someone home so fewer teens would be getting into trouble, and we would have happier husbands. If everyone truly felt loved, especially by their parents, why would there be so many problems? Imagine every child having a mother and father to come home to and in the same house. I bet they wouldn’t be shooting up schools, that’s for sure.

T.J.

Bench Warmer
I am now dumber after reading that.

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

ReinholdMessner1

Bench Warmer
Interesting.... there's a little thread of truth in there, but not much. Feminism as an initiative can be dangerous if the mother somehow places her own life ahead of her children's. When push comes to shove, the kids should always win out.
But more accurately, it's been the failing of men to react to a woman's changing role that has crippled the family. Women have the right to seek fulfillment in the workplace and men are just as responsible for the well being of the children in that event. Too many fathers are steeping out of the family rather than stepping up.

metallikat87

Bench Warmer
Interesting.... there's a little thread of truth in there, but not much. Feminism as an initiative can be dangerous if the mother somehow places her own life ahead of her children's. When push comes to shove, the kids should always win out.
But more accurately, it's been the failing of men to react to a woman's changing role that has crippled the family. Women have the right to seek fulfillment in the workplace and men are just as responsible for the well being of the children in that event. Too many fathers are steeping out of the family rather than stepping up.
thats an interesting thought, i think you may be right when it comes to alot of families out there

22ChrisBrown29

Bench Warmer
Reading that, I have a feeling some putz probably just found out he makes less money than his wife ....right after he burned his dinner in the microwave. :boohoo:

:roflmao::lollol:

Peace~
Rima

GiantFan

Bench Warmer
What a friggin idiot. The only thing I will say is that I do believe in one parent staying home with the child for more than a few months, doesn't matter which one.

My wife stayed home until my son was almost 2 years old and it was awesome and I think it really helped my son. She now works two days a week and our son is in daycare/preschool and I think that is really good for him as well. Hopefully when we have another child she will do the same. In order for that to happen I need to make a lot more money. :(

ReinholdMessner1

Bench Warmer
What a friggin idiot. The only thing I will say is that I do believe in one parent staying home with the child for more than a few months, doesn't matter which one.

My wife stayed home until my son was almost 2 years old and it was awesome and I think it really helped my son. She now works two days a week and our son is in daycare/preschool and I think that is really good for him as well. Hopefully when we have another child she will do the same. In order for that to happen I need to make a lot more money. :(

you could whore yourself out once for a million dollars..... or whore yourself out a million times for one dollar

scrappy

Bench Warmer
when i was a kid my mom stopped working to take care of me and went back to work once i started going to school. i don't think it did me any better with her at home versus her not being home. my mom worked while my younger bro was little, he went to a day care provider who was adimat about teaching the kids and not putting them in front of a tv. they had someone come in and teach them piano once a week, she read them stories, taught them to read, hell my younger bro is smarter than me because of it. she wasn't cheap by any means either.

i was the little hellion when i was a kid. arrested, suspended from school, arrested again, drank, did drugs, arrested again and suspended again. that played out in repeat for every year i was in high school. i reallydon't think it would have changed if my mom was home after school. i love my mom dearly but she could have never changed why i did the things i did.

i have always been in the relationships with the morons who can't hold down a job or make less than me and want me to stay home and "take care of the house" but they can't stay in a job long enough to pay the rent, which is why i don't have kids and i'm not in a relationship. i'm too independent and i know it. and i have learned you can't rely on a man to take care of you, the only person who can take care of you is you