Favorite goalie mask

lumm0x

Bench Warmer
The goalie has always been a favorite in the hockey world and their mask is generally one of the ways that they express individuality and creativity. There have been alot of great ones over the years (one of my favorites was Gilles Gratton's). Here are alot of the modern ones in the game today for each team (click on pics to enlarge). Anyone have an old favorite?

Gratton's old one:

gratton-1.jpg

This site has alot of the old classics:

http://www.vintagemask.com/mask_menu.html#

I personally likes the original one Richter wore that had the face of the Statue of Liberty right above the actual mask. Can't find a pic though.

The original six are kind of scary:

x-original.jpg

Raycroft's is cool, of course I am going to be bias with Ward, I like Cujo's older ones, Potvin's with Felix the Cat, and there was one goalie with a really cool Friday the 13th mask, but I forget who it was.

our keeper up here has a nice one but i can't find any pics of it. he has one for each team he plays with, us and peoria and if he gets the shot, a local artist will do one for st louis. the team up here paid like $500 to have one done for him the year we won the kelly cup

my favorite was always Mike Liut, his was badass, and I liked Lindbergh's also, just plain white it was cool, plus the man behind the mask is what made them memorable, I would love to see a goalie today wearing an old style, but I bet there's a rule against those types of masks now for safety reasons...

Back