Favorite Features

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
In an effort to try to make TCZ one of the top trading card communities, I think it would be a good idea for each of us to take a look at some of the other trading card communities, and hobby related sites, and discuss some of our favorite features from those sites and whether or not those features might work on TCZ.

Please share your ideas on what some of the other trading card communities do well, and how you think those features help their overall website and member activity.

Honestly, the only thing that I think that is missing from here is the number of members. You have put a lot of great ideas and features into effect and now we just need to wait for some new faces to come around and this could be one of the best trading communities out there.

I really like all of the features that you are putting out there and try to participate in as many as possible, now we just need more people taking part on a regular basis.

Thanks for your support, guys. I'm glad y'all like what we've done with the place so far, but I'm one of those who thinks there is always room for improvement. If you can think of anything, at any time, please let me know and I can assure you it will be discussed. I know a lot of sites say they're "for collectors, by collectors", but this site really will progress based upon the needs, and wants, of the collectors that make up our community.

Just checking to see if anyone else would like to discuss some of their favorite features from other card communities.

Maybe a little arcade spot? No it's nothing big or important but when I get bored I'd come on and play them.
Also a graphics forum for people like I who love making graphics

A chat.... Nothing like the chat room styled ones, but a chat at the bottom of the page. Where you can click on a person's name and begin to chat with them, rather than going into another chat room and veering off from the page you were looking at. Process would be simple, send a friend request, person(s) accept it/them, person(s) show up at the bottom showing online or offline and you can chat with them.

A chat.... Nothing like the chat room styled ones, but a chat at the bottom of the page. Where you can click on a person's name and begin to chat with them, rather than going into another chat room and veering off from the page you were looking at. Process would be simple, send a friend request, person(s) accept it/them, person(s) show up at the bottom showing online or offline and you can chat with them.

Jon, it is interesting you mention that. We have been discussing adding a "facebook-like" chat box to TCZ for a while now. I'm guessing you think that would be a great idea?

Maybe a little arcade spot? No it's nothing big or important but when I get bored I'd come on and play them.
Also a graphics forum for people like I who love making graphics

Sorry, I wasn't ignoring this request. Just doing some research on it. I'm definitely going to look into the arcade as we had one when TCZ was originally created. It wasn't used much then, but we didn't have many members either. As far as the graphics forum goes, there isn't really enough demand for it right now to justify creating a whole new forum for it. Feel free to start a thread in the "General Chat" forum, and if we get enough people on the site that it gets crowded in there we'll open up a new sub-forum just for it.

The chat feature would be a very nice add.

Sorry, I wasn't ignoring this request. Just doing some research on it. I'm definitely going to look into the arcade as we had one when TCZ was originally created. It wasn't used much then, but we didn't have many members either.

Oh no that arcade was actually used just about daily. That's actually all I remember from the old TCZ. But the forums are more active this time around.

The chat feature would be a very nice add.

Oh no that arcade was actually used just about daily. That's actually all I remember from the old TCZ. But the forums are more active this time around.

What I mean is, it was only used by a few people. Still, it's definitely something we're going to look into.

Sounds good to me, thanks.
I also love the idea of the facebook like chat. but would there be a way to have each member thats online show up on it, and have a slot where everyone can chat at once?

Sounds good to me, thanks.
I also love the idea of the facebook like chat. but would there be a way to have each member thats online show up on it, and have a slot where everyone can chat at once?

There would be chat rooms, but everyone on the site's name would not show up on the list. Only those who you have added to your friend's list here would show up.

Yeah, I like that. but I think it would be awesome if there was an option on the chat list that had one big chat room where everyone could be in at once. get what im saying? Cause i would hate not being able to talk to everyone at once in a chat room

Back