Football fantasy football team, just drafted!

devinharris34

Bench Warmer
i just finished a fantasy draft and i would like to see what you guys think of my team. my goal going into the draft was to get peyton manning and i did but i might have got ripped in a trade for him. i traded frank gore, tom brady, and chester taylor for peyton manning, brian westbrook, and caddillac williams. since i lost gore my running backs are now mediocore and probably need improving. but the good thing is that in this league the RB's get 1 point for every carry and all of my backs get a good amount of carries. anyways, let me know where you think my team needs improvment and what you think of it. thanks and sorry for the long read.

QB:
peyton manning
matt hasselbeck

RB:
rudi johnson
brian westbrook
edge james
thomas jones
caddilac williams

WR:
steve smith
anquan boldin
plaxico burress
laverneous coles

TE:
tony gonzalez

K:
jeff wilkins

D/ST:
jaguars
vikings

LMK, thanks!

I disagree,

I think you made a big mistake trading gore and tom brady..

I guess you missed that Tom Brady actually have a recieving core this year in Stallworth and Moss.

Gore also putt up 1700 yards in 300 carries and has predicted to rush for 2200 this year.

LJ got 1800 and it took him 400 carries.

Minnesota is mediocre/bad defense.

Running backs win titles, not QB's and WR's.

Some running backs inconsistent/injury prone.

Trading Brady was a mistake.

well i guess i just think differntly, i just love peyton manning and i had to have him in this league because i have him in a much bigger money league and i would hate to root against him. the reason i was shopping gore was because after i drafted him i found out that he isnt getting goal line carries this year, so his TD's will likely decrease.

i still think my running backs are decent because in this league an average RB score is 35-40. guys like LT, LJ, and S Jack will put up probably an average of close to 50 but i think that all of my backs can put up 35-40 each week especially considering that you get 1 point per carry. edge will probably get 25 carries, 85 yards, 4 catches, and 30 yards per game. thats 40.5 points right there and he could still mix in a TD. caddy is the same way becasuse he will get a lot of carries and mix in a few catches. westbrook will get 20-25 touches, rudi will get 20-25 touches, and thomas jones running for the week Jets offense will get 20-25 touches. if all of my backs can put up 40 or so points then i will be happy. and i have the best quarterback and the best receiver.

thanks for the replies!

JR-Balla said:
A point for each carry?
Wow the backs are going to get soooo much more points then any other player!

No because QBs also get a point for a completion, and WR get points for receptions...

Back