Falcons seeking 22 million of signing bonus back...

I hope they get every last penny back.

The NFL is more concerned with gambline, of course, but how anyone could kill any type of dog for any reason is well beyond me.

May Vick receive a :ban: from Heaven and rot in hell for the terrible acts he has taken part in. May his life on Earth be equally as miserable:)

I hope they get every last penny back.

The NFL is more concerned with gambline, of course, but how anyone could kill any type of dog for any reason is well beyond me.

May Vick receive a :ban: from Heaven and rot in hell for the terrible acts he has taken part in. May his life on Earth be equally as miserable:)

:love: (Don't worry I won't tell your g/f :lollol:)

This whole thing, and I'm glad it has come full-circle as quickly as it did... is just so horrendus that it is beyond belief. NFL's poster boy, $120 millionaire one minute, a guy that better hold on to the soap the next.

I hope at one point that Bariod will share a cell with him.

Wow. :notworthy: for Goodell on this.

Now, if he will let a little leeway on TD celebrations.....

Let me preface this by saying I dispise Vick with every ounce of my being.

That said, I think this is crap on the Falcons part. Signing a player is an investment...not every investment pays off. Giving guaranteed money is also an investment. This investment didn't pan out. I'm sorry, but they always say how football is a business, but now when it comes to business they try and do something that would never happen in a real business...

That said, I think this is crap on the Falcons part. Signing a player is an investment...not every investment pays off. Giving guaranteed money is also an investment. This investment didn't pan out. I'm sorry, but they always say how football is a business, but now when it comes to business they try and do something that would never happen in a real business...

Really it comes down to what was signed in the contract, if there is something along the lines of code of conduct in his contract he could have to give a piece of the signing bonus back. That would go for any line of work. In my line of work a felony will get you more then likely banned for life. And we can be let go for doing things that are legal as well.

Ill be curious to see what Vick's contract says.

Yes, it is a risk, but understand everything they are now doing was negotiated as part of the CBA. They can't (and shouldn't) get bonus money from years played, but they (imo) have a right to get the future money yet to be paid.

I hear ya. I feel really bad for Arthur Blank and the Falcons organization, but yeah, you HAVE to check someone out if you are gonna be giving them that kinda $$$. He even said in an interview, "Well, we are going to check players out better before we do anything like that again." (or something to that effect) That just shows me that they either didn't do any checking, or knew "something" was going on and turned their backs to it.

Yes, it is a risk, but understand everything they are now doing was negotiated as part of the CBA. They can't (and shouldn't) get bonus money from years played, but they (imo) have a right to get the future money yet to be paid.

It's fine if it's your opinion, but signing bonuses are called "guaranteed money" for a reason. Situations like this are why the NFL used to be great....a player does something dumb, you cut him and he's appropriately screwed. With all this guaranteed money being handed out (guaranteed means getting it no matter what), players get complacent and feel invincible because they know they are getting paid.

Practically, I think they should get all the money back that hasn't been put against the cap yet, but legally (according to the guarantee concept at least) they should not.

Back