Football Fake or No Fake?

Leafsfan1967 said:
Went from $8.63 with 3 seconds to go to $24.14! Was hoping it stayed at $8 bucks!

ya i was gonna buy it for the heck of it but i cant see paying $8 shipping for 1 card, i wont buy from scamming dealers like that....

I wouldn't buy any of them based on his fb and shipping cost but even then I am guessing they are all fakes. The UD might be real but when you look at his track record I even doubt that one.
-Jason

Nickademus said:
I wouldn't buy any of them based on his fb and shipping cost but even then I am guessing they are all fakes. The UD might be real but when you look at his track record I even doubt that one.
-Jason

Track record? LOL... If you go by his track record he's obviously a viking collectors who has bought these cards and now is trying to resell them. He may not even know they are fake!

That's one thing I don't like about patch cards anymore, the companies never truly distinguish them, they don't keep public records of the cards, they make so many parallels that no collecrot can recall which version is the correct version, and on top of that, all the current rules don't apply to the patch cards of the past! Card companies either need to have a registry for all GU patches or need to uniformily identify jersey patch cards and do not sway from that uniformity.

Otherwise, everyone would think prime means the card can be a jersey logo. But Donruss clearly stated on National Treasures that they did issue full team logo's on Marino cards, but they were #/13... not 10... and stated team logo, not prime, but how many collectors would not pay attention and pick up this great steal?

2006 National Treasures Dan Marino Super Patch Logo #10 - (eBay item 330191112788 end time Nov-23-07 22:36:38 PST)

That's a fake.

Yeah well maybe he is a Viking fan and maybe he did or did not know they are fake, that doesn't matter to me if I am a buyer. Based on the fact that some of those super patches look suspicious I might pass on the ones that are really awesome looking because I wouldn't be able to know for sure. A lot of his stuff is ok though and you are right that he may have gotten them not knowing they might be fake. Not a bash on him personally just my opinion about buying some of his stuff...

i doubt he knew they were fake i agree with vikings collector and now re-selling, its a shame some are fake, but atleast hes not stating he pack pulled them and they are 100% real, now that would be fraud;)

Back