Ever had this happen to you?

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
A couple weeks ago at a card show, saw this DeMeco Ryans card that I don't have. Very rare, #/10. I was pretty broke at the time, but decided to ask the guy how much for it. He said $75. I've seen the card sell for twice that much, but with no money in the bank account at the time, I wasn't able to work anything out. So, I kicked myself for a few days after that wishing I had done something to secure the card.

Last week, the card came up on eBay (exact same card, exact same seller) and I ended up paying $113 + shipping :doh:

The good thing is, right before bed I changed my snipe from $101 to $116........thank you dear 8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus :cheers: Will post the card when it gets here next week.

That has never happened to me. What seems to happen to me is I get a card I hadnt seen ever for sale, I overpay to get it- then a 2nd one comes on a few days later and I get it at a steal.

On one hand that sucks.. on the other.. VERY cool. I set me snipes with an extra $.08. That way if I bid $10.08 and other dude bid $10, I win!! And it adds insult to his injury to lose by .08!!! lol

On one hand that sucks.. on the other.. VERY cool. I set me snipes with an extra $.08. That way if I bid $10.08 and other dude bid $10, I win!! And it adds insult to his injury to lose by .08!!! lol

Yeah, it does suck paying more...but it's cool getting the card! I do the same as you, always bid at some random cent.....never the same, just whatever the fingers tell me to do. What really sucks is snipping maybe $.12 too short....that's what really sucks!

Note to self, always bid $XX.09 vs Eric :cheers:

A couple weeks ago at a card show, saw this DeMeco Ryans card that I don't have. Very rare, #/10. I was pretty broke at the time, but decided to ask the guy how much for it. He said $75. I've seen the card sell for twice that much, but with no money in the bank account at the time, I wasn't able to work anything out. So, I kicked myself for a few days after that wishing I had done something to secure the card.

Last week, the card came up on eBay (exact same card, exact same seller) and I ended up paying $113 + shipping :doh:

The good thing is, right before bed I changed my snipe from $101 to $116........thank you dear 8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus :cheers: Will post the card when it gets here next week.

Oh, I hate when that happens :doh: ;)

Congrats on the card tho! Can't wait to see it! :clap:

Why is it baby jesus?

That is my favorite type of Jesus in the manger with all them animals

classic movie. Saw it again last weekend.

Back