Basketball ESPN SportsCenter Epic Fail During 2013 NBA Finals Very funny and awkward!!

The recovery was awfully quick. This is just a little blemish on their good record. At least they kept their professionalism.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it could have been. I enjoyed the comment about the super bowl. Yes, that was an epic fail, that lasted for a long time. This was not an epic fail, but it was a lapse of something for a short period of time.

You usually don't see the Sportscenter crew have dead air like that. Ha! The anchor was like "uh, what's next?". It would have been even funnier to see it live.

This reminded me of the olden days when post game shows were less structured and no one knew what anyone was doing. You never knew what you were going to get and everything was based on whether there was time permitting.

"Time permitting, we will show you highlights of today's NFL action."

"Time permitting, we will have an interview with Franco Harris."

"Time permitting, we will give you a rundown of scores from today's games."

Check out some of the old Super Bowl locker room post games if you can come across them. These guys were lucky. They could have been Tom Brookshier interviewing Duane Thomas after Super Bowl VI.

Last edited:
That stinks! I always feel bad for the newscasters in those situations! But they recovered well.
Yes, the Superbowl, THAT was an Epic fail! Crazy!

Back